OH NO! I feel like I'm getting sick!!!

IrishIze
on 7/14/04 11:41 pm - NJ
I can't believe it!! My surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday, July 19, and I feel like I'm getting a cold. My chest is heavy, my throat is sore and I've got a headache. I don't know what to do!! This is like my worst nightmare coming true! I have to go to the hospital on Saturday for my final blood work, so I guess I'll see what this has developed into by then. I'm so mad - I think it's from going to all of these doctor's offices' for all of the approvals and clearances. Ugh. The doctor also changed my BP med, so I don't know if that could be making me feel bad, but I don't think it would give me cold symptoms. Can't anything ever be easy????? Don't mind me, I'm just venting.... Hugs, Nancy
Denise W.
on 7/14/04 11:56 pm - MD
Nancy, Get to the drugstore as fast as possible and buy Zicam. It is a natural substance that will kill or severly shorten the duration of a cold. I have used it several times successfully. You take it every three hours as soon as the symptoms start (24 hours a day) and within one or two days the cold is gone. Hurry!
Nita A.
on 7/15/04 12:24 am - Fayetteville, NC
Nancy, I know God would not bring you this far to let a cold stop you. I have read on the boards that Coldeze is good for a cold as well. I am so excited for you Monday is your special day and you know I will be sending up some prayers for you. I go in Monday for my pre-op testing at 9am. Let us know how you feel! Nita
Carla S.
on 7/15/04 1:39 am - Signal Mountain, TN
Oh, Nancy. You have no idea. Not to tell you all my problems, but you are the first email I came too. SORRY! I had a bad anxiety attack on Monday and having another one today. My surgery is 7-19 also. My husband acts like it is no big deal. Hasn't even told his boss yet that he needs to be off work on Monday. Doesn't that make you feel important?!? I'm sorry to hear you are feeling sick. I went for my pre surg work yesterday. The anesthesiologist told me to take an ativan before I came to the hospital to help with the anxiety. I hope your tests go well. I'll pray for you - you pray for me!! I don't know why I am struggling so!! This should be the most exciting time of my life - I know. I don't know if it is the drastic life change or what. ANYWAY - thanks for letting me vent. I wish you all the best and God Bless!! Carla Smith Signal Mtn., TN
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views