I'm home from surgery!

StephanyS
on 7/14/04 8:09 am - Milton, FL
Hi everyone. I had lap rny on Monday, 7/12 and I got home a few hours ago. Everything went really well, and my recovery so far has been smooth. The biggest relief was getting the drain out before coming home. Most of my discomfort was a result of that icky drain. My one piece of advice for any pre-ops is to take the pain medicine exactly when it is due. Don't try to be a hero and wait. If they say you can have the medicine every four hours, then take it. Being pain-free helps you get out of bed and walk easier. Good luck to all the other July babies! I hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it has for me. Stephany
IrishIze
on 7/14/04 9:45 am - NJ
Yippee, Stephany!! Welcome home!! I'm so glad you're doing well!! Make sure you get your rest and please keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing! Hugs, Nancy
LadyBug :.
on 7/14/04 11:06 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Stephany, Congrat's on a great surgery. So glad everything went well for you. Rest and come back soon. Jean
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/04 12:14 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Congratulations on making it safely to the other side! You're going to start feeling AWESOME in a couple of days. You're also SOOOO right about those pain meds!
insureone
on 7/14/04 1:42 pm - Marion, AL
Stephany, glad to hear that you are doing so well and thank you for the advice. Sherry
Nita A.
on 7/15/04 12:36 am - Fayetteville, NC
Stephany, I am so glad to see you back and doing so well. Continue to walk and sip on your water/protien! Be sure to let us know how you are doing.
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/15/04 5:02 am - MD
Yipee im so glad ur doing well and best of luck on your speedy recovery Jessica RNY 7/19/04 285
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views