Bowel prep? Huh?

MarinaS
on 7/14/04 3:38 pm - Small Town, WA
No diet before surgery. Liquid diet day before. Bowel prep afternoon before.
Tanja Y
on 7/14/04 5:32 pm - Wahiawa, HI
My surgeon told me he would give me something to take home to drink the day before surgery and that if necessary I'd get an enema at the hospital before surgery. But I don't have to do the liquid diet. Guess I'll find out what all is in the kit, he said he'd give it to me Monday when I go in for my pre-op and final blood work. ~Tanja
Deejay
on 7/15/04 12:12 am - Sparks, NV
oh man, I have to do bowel prep and I'm NOT looking forward to it. The kit is 6 vials (3oz) of solution and goes like this: First dose: 8oz of water & 1 vial - drink 10 min later 8oz of water & 1 vial - drink 10 min later 8oz of water & 1vial - drink WAIT 2 HRS and in that 2 hrs you must drink 28 oz of water 2ND DOSE: 8oz of water & 1 vial - drink 10 min later 8oz of water & 1 vial - drink 10 min later 8oz of water & 1vial - drink POOP YOUR GUTS OUT! This equals to 75oz of fluid in 3hrs or less!!!!! Even if it was my favorite drink in the world, I don't know how I'm going to do it!!!
Nita A.
on 7/15/04 12:41 am - Fayetteville, NC
I don't have a kit to do but my surgeon requires the cabbage soup diet 7 days before surgery, I've been told that this will cleanse you out I start it Friday. I agree with everyone else if they wanted you to do one they would have given it to you by now. Good Luck and God Bless!
Sandy D.
on 7/15/04 6:36 am - Mascoutah, IL
I just had my final visit with my surgeon before my surgery on the 20th and asked him about the bowel prep. He said that I don't have to do one , he just told me that I need to avoid ruffage three days before surgery, go liquids only the day before and nothing after midnight before surgery. I guess it all depends on the surgeon
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views