Who has to give up coffee??

LadyBug :.
on 7/14/04 10:56 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi All, I have to have 2 weeks before WLS and 4 weeks after, ALL LIQUIDS. 2 cups of weak decaf Tea and Coffee a day is OK as long as I mix in 2% Milk. I have my CIB first and choose a Chocolate flavor, add the milk and Protein and heat in microwave. When it's half gone I add decaf coffee. Comes out a very Good Chocolate Mocha. Jean
Traci72
on 7/14/04 1:51 pm - Hastings, MN
All I have to give up is my 'specialty' coffees. I can still drink all the coffee I want, but it has to either be black or w/a nondairy creamer and Splenda. Thank goodness as I LOOOOOOOOVE my coffee!!!
Traci72
on 7/14/04 1:54 pm - Hastings, MN
forgot, I only drink decaf.
Linda T.
on 7/14/04 3:41 pm - Jackson, WI
My pre-surgery nurse said that coffee/caffeine is eliminated post-surgery because it is a diuretic and increases the risk of dehydration.
Nita A.
on 7/15/04 12:50 am - Fayetteville, NC
Nancy, I never thought I was addicted to any type of drink but I've noticed as my last day of free eating draws neaner (today) I can't keep a soda out of my hand. I thought I was gonna cry when I walked past them in the grocery store...Never again shall a Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Coke, Sunkist, touch these lips...Oh the pain but WOW won't I be looking good and feeling great!!
cosette
on 7/15/04 3:55 am - Tujunga, CA
FOUR WORDS: Seattle's Best Twilight Decaf. My mother drank coffee while I was in her womb. I was started on 1/2 coffee, 1/2 milk when my age was still single digits. Java runs through my veins. The thought of giving up caffeine has had me depressed. So, I did what any first generation Sicilian would do when her coffee was threatened, I started trying out every decaf available. What I've discovered is that they all suck...EXCEPT for Seattle's Best Twilight Decaf. I like my coffee strong. I don't like it with the "decaf" aftertaste. This coffee is premium. AND not costly (Gevalia also has great decaf...but much $$). Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Gosh...I can't believe how spirited I can get about coffee! Hmmm.....another addiction????
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views