Who has to give up coffee??

IrishIze
on 7/14/04 1:35 am - NJ
Well, I'm down to one cup a day. I will really miss my little jolt of caffiene in the morning. Anyone else saying good bye to coffee? Hugs, Nancy
Tanja Y
on 7/14/04 1:41 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'm not a huge coffee fan (compared to most ppl living in Washington, the land of Starbucks), but I have to admit I'll miss my occasional cup of coffee. And even then it's not really the coffee I'll miss, it will be the experimenting with different types of bean to find a yummy blend and mixing creamers so I can make a cup of coffee at home to rival Starbucks. I go in phases....weeks where I won't drink coffee and then a week or two where I make a half a pot and drink it all by myself. Today I had 2 cups........first coffee I've had in over a month. Will also be the last coffee I have for a long time. ~Tanja
joycewinfrey
on 7/14/04 1:51 am - Western, WA
I had to give up my coffee a year ago when I had my gall bladder out. You get used to not having it. If I have it now I will experience "dumping syndrome". Believe me, I'd much rather go without the coffee than experience that! We will have to give up a lot of things... but just think what you will be getting in return! You can do it! I have faith in you! Joyce
Heather M.
on 7/14/04 1:55 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
I will miss coffee. I drink like a pot a day. I come from the land of Starbucks. In fact the Starbucks by our house knows us immediately from our order. Mainly because my son gets what he calls an "E milk" which is a chocloate milk with almond flavoring in it, he's 2 and has called it that for quite some time now. I'm hoping that I will only be totally without it for a few months. I'm even willing to give decaf a try. I see alot of people on the main forum drinking it post op. I guess some Dr. tell you to avoid it because of the acidity it has and on a healing tummy can cause great damage. Therefore maybe after I'm all healed up I can have a sip every now and then. Heather
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/04 7:48 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've often heard that caffeine is a diuretic, and your kidneys will already be working hard with the rapid weight loss, that you can't afford to lose any more water. My nutritionist said I can have caffeine, in small amounts, at three months. But I don't like coffee...and soda's out...and I don't mind decaff tea...
Deejay
on 7/14/04 2:07 am - Sparks, NV
I've never been a coffee drinker, so I'm not giving it up. hehe But I gave up sodas back in Oct and have never looked back.
IrishIze
on 7/14/04 2:55 am - NJ
Well, as a consolation, I have found my Fruit Refreshers. They are 1 liter bottles of 0 carb, 0 caffeine, 0 fat, 0 sugar and are sweetened with Splenda, which my body likes sooooo much better than NutraSweet. They come in Strawberry Kiwi (my fave), Lemonade (my next fave), Cherry Limeade, Peach, and Cranberry. They cost .79 at my local grocery store and I love them!! I just hope I still love them after surgery!!
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/14/04 5:38 am - MD
not a coffee drinker but i sure do love soda but i traded it for gatoraide
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/04 5:52 am - Somewhere Else
I don't see myself giving up coffee. I have not only already had some, but was served some at the hospital the day after surgery. I don't drink it to excess, but I do love it. Linda
NadineM
on 7/14/04 8:42 am - Vancouver, WA
What "no coffee"? No sugar free-non-fat-no-foam-extra sweet-sugarfree hazelnut latte's??????????? Well, from what I have read on the MAIN board most people are able to resume back to drinking coffee. So, I guess there is hope for us! Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views