One week and 6lbs DOWN!

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/04 12:48 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Yesterday was my one week anniversary, and I went to get my drain and staples out. I didn't feel a thing, LITERALLY. My surgeon took my bandages off, looked at it, and said "Are you ready to have this taken out?" I told him yes, and he said "Well, it's already out." I weighed 346, which is 6lbs down from my day of surgery, and 11lbs down from the day I left the hospital. I know that some people lose more the first week, but I figure since I did the liquid diet a week before surgery, I didn't have a whole lot of water weight to lose. I visited someone who had surgery in the hospital yesterday, and her husband is the one who put it into perspecitve for me. He said that 6lbs a week is about 25 a month, and 25 a month is 100 in four months. Not that that is necessarily realistic, but it kept me from being bummed because it wasn't a huge amount. Besides, the weight is coming off, and that's ALL that matters! I am feeling AWESOME now. No pain, and last night, I shopped for an HOUR without getting tired, when five minutes would have had me hunched over the cart. I'm thinking that this could quite possibly the best risk I have ever taken in my life!
Tanja Y
on 7/14/04 1:11 am - Wahiawa, HI
I'm so happy that you're feeling awesome! Your post settled my nerves and for that I wish I could give you a hug! LOL Congrats on the weight loss, don't be bummed you lost 6 pounds instead be proud! A six pound loss is better then 5 pounds , right? Be proud of every ounce you've lost. So.......did you buy yourself something new to celebrate getting the staples out? ~Tanja
IrishIze
on 7/14/04 1:27 am - NJ
WooHoo, Pam!! I think 6 lbs. is awesome. Do you know how long it would take me to lose 6 lbs? You're so lucky that you are on the losing side and feeling good! You really give me hope!! Hope things continue to go well for you, and please keep us posted to how things are going!! Hugs, Nancy
joycewinfrey
on 7/14/04 1:56 am - Western, WA
Great job on your loss! I go into surgery next Tuesday - and I'm scared! It helps me to read postings like yours. For some reason I thought I wouldn't be able to go anywhere for a while...but you went shopping, huh? Well, that gives me hope that I'll be up and about before I know it! Please keep us updated on your progress. Great job! Joyce
Nita A.
on 7/15/04 12:52 am - Fayetteville, NC
Pamela, 6lbs that's awesome! I am glad that everything is going so well! Remember we are here for each other! God Bless and keep in touch! Nita
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views