Oral Contraceptives Post Op

Sarah C.
on 7/13/04 2:33 pm - Cornettsville, KY
I am curious of how I am going to take my BC pills the 1st week po?????Anyone?
sammyglo
on 7/13/04 2:41 pm - Hobart, IN
hi, i met with the nurse today. i have surgery on july 19. i asked about birth control since i can't get pregnant for 18-24 months after surgery. she said birth control pills, the patch, etc. do not work as well after surgery. she said it has to do with the change in your body and the hormone changes. she suggested a diaphram (sp), foam, or some type of spermicide, plus a condom. i'd ask your doctor just in case. The nurse i meet with is the head of the weight loss surgery center i am going to and seems quite knowledgeable. she even told me that someone got preg after 3 months and abortion was the suggestion for the health of the mom and baby. take care, good luck.
joycewinfrey
on 7/14/04 2:15 am - Western, WA
Speaking of contraceptives, do you know how soon after surgery we can resume sex ? My husband is more desperate to know the answer to this than I am. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about contraceptives, as we've had all the children that we are going to have (4 to be exact)! We made sure of this permanently! Well, I wish you success on your surgery! Mine is the day after yours! Let us know how it goes! I'm getting anxious at this time! Joyce
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/14/04 5:21 am - MD
HI there....i was told two weeks after surgery at the post op follow up after that we can resume sex...along time to wait !
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views