I feel like I am planning my funeral!

NadineM
on 7/14/04 1:32 am - Vancouver, WA
*****THANK YOU ALL**************** I KNOW WE WILL ALL BE FINE, AND I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR OTHER'S ARE DOING AND FEELING THE SAME WAY I AM. I DON'T WANT TO WORRY MY FAMILY & HUSBAND SO I AM NOT TELLING THEM TOO MUCH. I WILL WRITE IN A LETTER WHAT I WOULD LIKE SHOULD SOMETHING GO WRONG AND MY PREFERENCES OF OTHER THINGS. I AM ALWAYS AN OVER PREPARED PERSON. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND ADVICE......... HUGS & KISSES TO ALL US SOON TO BE LOSERS!!!!!!!! NADINE
PATTI B.
on 7/14/04 2:25 pm - GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO
I also had some kind of feelings that something would go wrong. I was very fortunate in that the doc I had was very good. He did not just go in on the 6th of this month snip snap and your skinny. If he had I would be looking for a liver transplant within a year. Instead he took the time to look around and found I have liver disease. I am unsure if I will be able to continue with the surgery in the future. Advise from one who has premonitions is try to ignore them know and know that they are not exactly as we feel them. Mine have always been almost on- thought I was going to die, but just a tiny bit off. Yeah my heart died when I found out. But I cleaned up all the eggs I had in the WLS basket, went to the beauty shop, changed the color of my hair and started to look for a job. If and when the opportunity comes again I will be ready but I wont be depending on it and I wont be so distraught if all my eggs fell and friend on the hot side walk again. Good Luck. Think good thoughts right up until the minute they take you back. That is when I got scared - thank god for Versed. When the anesthesiologist asked if I wanted it I said oH YES! And boy was I glad I did. If they offer it take it. And remember, you are planning but not your funeral dear ------- YOUR FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NadineM
on 7/16/04 12:16 am - Vancouver, WA
Patti, Thank you for sharing....I am so sorry about your unfortunate finding , but as you stated you are happy he did find that out. You will soon have your day as well, and that's all you can do is get a new outfit, hair color and make the best of it for now. Your day will come soon...I know! Take care and thanks again for the kind words of encouragement. I don't feel that way anymore and am excited to get through this and move on with the new me and new life that I have been blessed to be given from the beggining. God Bless! Nadine
brandnewmw30
on 7/15/04 2:58 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
Nadine I have to write mine out today because I have surgery in the morning. I've been putting it off for the last week or two, but it has to be done. I've even looked on the memorial page and had doubts last week. But my parents as well as my partner say that they have nothing but positive feelings about it ,so that made me feel a lot better. I amm actually going to do mine in a few hours, so please keep me in your prayers tomorrow.
cosette
on 7/15/04 4:10 am - Tujunga, CA
My surgery is 7/21. While I haven't told many people that I'm having this surgery, I have sent emails just to touch base. I also wrote out three pages of "What I want for my funeral...music, flowers, etc." and "Here are my finances...accounts, passwords (realizing that at 39, I should have way more than I actually do...hmph!)" and "Here are my last wishes..." yada-yada. I mailed it off to my brother. It didn't actually hit me until I completed the "Advanced Directive" in the hospital: basically 5-pages of what you want done if you can't make decisions for yourself (i.e. coma) and where your organs should go, etc. No, you're not , although the thought that this really is that serious and that we are putting ourselves through it sometimes sounds so. In truth, surgery or no surgery, overweight or 100% "normal," everyone should already have these documents in place. You never know when your number is up. Good news, however, is that this surgery results in relatively few deaths. I mean...just READ all of the success stories online here. AND FOR ADDED ENCOURAGEMENT: Read Caroline Martin's profile & Website. 200 pounds gone in 1 year...and she kept a daily journal (including the fearful ones leading up to the surgery). All will go well with you; I know it!
Bonnie C.
on 7/15/04 6:32 am - Lackawann, NY
I am so glad you said this...I've been afraid to admit it. Just reading it made my eyes tear up at the thought of not being here for my husband and especially grandchildren. I'm scheduled for July 22. I too am making sure beneficiary info is correct, etc. My father is just out of the hospital and that is preying on my mind too...his health (age 92). What if something happens to him just before or during my surgery. Well if I die I won't have to suffer that pain! What a horrible thought but it has crossed my mind. Someone else said if it's your time it'll be, no matter where we are and I believe that. It also gives some comfort and strength. God Bless, I look forward to your "I"m home" message. Bonnie
NadineM
on 7/16/04 12:10 am - Vancouver, WA
I have heard now from eveyone how normal all these feelings are, and I am so grateful for this site, because none of my friends or family can understand our fears and feelings. It's funny I have now found an inner peace about all this, they say this happens to people. I have all the faith in my great surgeon and her staff and I know that God will be looking down on both of us and we will be fine. Believe me the closer to your date the less stressful it is.......God Bless you on your date and pray for me for mine on Monday. I forget to look before I answered when your date is...sorry! Best of luck to you too.....Hugs Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views