I feel like I am planning my funeral!

NadineM
on 7/13/04 12:07 pm - Vancouver, WA
I am less then 1 week away and I have been contacted old friends even one I have not seen in 15 years. My childhood girlfriend and others. I want to call everyone and tell them I love them and that I am having thsi surgery. I want to write out my death wishes and will before surgery. has anyone has these horrible thoughts? Sorry for the downer email.......I know I am healthy and will be fine, but one just knows when your time will come. I hope I am not the only one that feels this way.....??? Nadine
Sarah C.
on 7/13/04 12:23 pm - Cornettsville, KY
NaDiNe! Honey....I know EXACTLY! what you are feeling.......I feel all that and then some...I feel guilty too.....I am like " what would my kids do if something happened to me in the OR...." I am just a whirl wind of emotions right now.....I am healthy too so hopefully I will come out ok.....Take care and may God give you courage and peace of mind.....
SW
on 7/14/04 12:50 am - Laguna Beach, Ca
I was aware of the risks too, it is perfectly normal. I was sure to have my living trust papers, power of attorney, etc. I was surpized when the hospital didn't ask for them before my surgery took place. In my support grp, I have learned that any surgery has risks involved. At least we have the opportunity to be fully examined and prepared pre-operatively. I was checked from head to toe, and a heart evaulation too, I was confindent and prepared when my surgery date came. I had done my homework, and selected the best surgeon in the area. I was at peace the morning of my surgery. I wish you the best! God Bless..... Oh, by the way I am so happy I had my surgery! I have lost 55 lbs, and now 6 mo post op, it is a miracle surgery! and "Yes" I would do it in a heart beat again, if I had to decide.
Amber J.
on 7/13/04 12:46 pm - Houston, TX
Hi, My name is Amber and I am also only 1 week away from my surgery. I am scared to death but this is what helps me get through this. I strongly believe that god has a time for each and every one of us to go and if that time is in a car, on an operating table or wherever it may be I am going to live life to the fullest. I belive if its not our time we will be just fine. Keep you head up and I will say a little prayer for you. Amber
Ken W.
on 7/13/04 12:52 pm - Conyers, GA
Hi Nadine, I am scheduled for surgery on the 19th. I too have prepared everything for the worse. My grandmother always taught me to do this and to pray for the best. It is only being responsible to take care of these things. It shows good charachter
insureone
on 7/13/04 1:17 pm - Marion, AL
Nadine, my surgery is scheduled for July 19th. I have the same feelings as you do. Girl, I increased my life insurance several months before making my first Dr appt. I've cleaned the house, making notes for my husband on what to pay and when to pay the bills. I too have contacted friends and family. I know we will make it through surgery without any problems. I will be praying for you! Sherry
Heather M.
on 7/13/04 3:22 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Nadine, I think anyone who tells you they haven't even thought about it is lying to you. I'm leaving this Friday since my surgery is out of town and have spent the last week cleaning and trying to get my life in order. My dh is a paralegal so we are going to his office Thurs evening to do my will and a couple different POA's (power of attorney). Everybody does wills but don't forget to do a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions. I'm appointing my dh since he knows what my wishes are. When to fight for my life and when to say goodbye. I've also, even though I hope no one in my family would protest it, made it known to my side of the family (mom, dad, sister, brother) what my wishes are and that my dh will do what is best. I'm looking at it as these are things that needed to be done surgery or no surgery. I also feel the more you prepare the less likely something will happen. Doesn't something always go wrong when you're not prepared? We shall prevail win this one. Never thought I'd say I want to win so I can lose. Heather
joycewinfrey
on 7/13/04 4:55 pm - Western, WA
Nadine, I am preparing myself for the worst as well, but hoping for the best. I wrote my will and filled out a durable power of attorney. I also have adequate life insurance in case something should happen. It is better to be safe! I feel that I must be prepared for the sake of my husband and children. Besides, you will have this information for the future as well. Don't worry about being negative. Preparing yourself for these situations does not bring you any closer to catastrophe, it just makes you prepared for it. This is important for the well-being of your family and friends. This just shows that you are a loving, caring and responsible person. My best wishes are with you! Joyce
melissab
on 7/13/04 11:36 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I think it is completely normal. I have been laying awake at night for sometimes 2 hours, unable to sleep. Mostly good thoughts, but the fear demon grabs me in weak moments. I sometimes feel it is selfish to risk myself when I have 2 children to raise who I love so much. Then I think that part of me is doing this not just for me, but for THEM! I have put it into God's hands. I don't think he'd lead me down this path with such confidence to have it fail or something awful happen.
Deejay
on 7/14/04 12:15 am - Sparks, NV
I've done the same thing. I wrote letters to my family and children and I prepared a living will. They will be taken care of with insurance if the worst happens. They get all freaked out when I even talk about it, but I can't be irresponsible about it. I would have given anything to have a letter from my dad before he passed, so I did for my kids and family. We'll be fine. Hugs, Deejay
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views