Home from the hospital on Sunday

Angela H.
on 7/13/04 7:39 am - Marysville, OH
Had surgery on friday! Jumping icon because I can't do it right now! LOL! Feeling remarkably welll considering I was gutted like a fish! The hard part of course is getting up and down from a sitting position. The recliner is killing my back so I slept on the sofa last night......BIG MISTAKE . I could not get in a position that I could pull myself to a sitting position. I hollered for my hubby for 45 min. The dog came to my rescue several times but hubby was oblivious! Once I was up I sat there and cried. I have never felt so helpless in all my life. On to the diet topic. I am getting all my liquid diet stuff down well. I think that yougurt gave me a bit of the runs but nothing has really made me dump or nauseus yet. I am concerned taht I am not getting enough liqid though. When I do drink I feel like it is mostly air and I burp constantly. At first I thought is was still anesthesia but not now. It is not comfortable to drink and by the time I get my "meal" in, I fall back to sleep and don't get my liquids in. Could somone tell me how much protein I should be getting in the first few weeks? I understand I am supposed to have 6 8oz glasses of water per day but it just seems there isn't enough time to get it all in Thanks! Angela
LadyBug :.
on 7/13/04 10:57 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Angela, So glad your surgery went OK for you. My time is coming in a few weeks. My Doc. requires 2 weeks of all Liquids before surgery and 4 weeks afterwards. Before surgery a least 80 to 100ozs aday of Liquids. After Surgery 65 to 85 a day. 65ozs. has to be from a Protein drink. If you are getting lots of air and burping then you are drinking to fast. At least that is what my notes from my Dietitian says. My Liquids are Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added) made with 2% Milk with a scoop of Protein (5 per day), Sugar Free Jello, Sugar Free Popsicles and Clear Broths, Crystal Light, diluted clear Fruit Juices, 2 cups of weak decaf Coffee plus water. After 6 weeks of this then I can have baby food type foods. Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views