PMS & Nerves

Tanja Y
on 7/12/04 6:21 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I thought all my mood swings over the last day or two was because I was so nervous about my surgery on the 23rd. Well Aunt Flo showed up today and now I can blame it on her! LOL Hopefully this means she won't show up again right after surgery, which is something I've heard happens to alot of women. I swear I am so nervous and trying so hard not to show it. With my dh in Iraq I don't really have anyone to talk to about it and anytime I show or verbalize any doubt at all it freaks out my oldest. I've taken to biting my nails, something I thought I had outgrown years ago. Now my nice pretty nails are jagged and short. I've slipped back into smoking more when I was down to just a few cigerettes a day....and today I had 3 sprites.....when before I was having maybe one or two diet cokes a WEEK and not even drinking the whole can of those. I can't seem to sit still and I've been fiditing like crazy......and driving my kids crazy. It's funny to hear a kid say "mom could you please sit still!" LOL I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up on the 19th for my pre-op stuff, come home and sleep again until it's time to get up on the 23rd and head for the hospital.
IrishIze
on 7/13/04 12:05 am - NJ
Tanja - don't be surprised if you get your period after surgery even though you have it now. It just sort of works that way. I know what you mean about wishing you could sleep through all the waiting - I was just saying that to my son the other day!! We'll make it through!! Hugs, Nancy
Debra T.
on 7/13/04 3:54 am - Detroit, MI
Hi Tanja! My surgery is scheduled for the 19th of this month so I'm right here with you! The anesthesiologist's nurse called today to go over everything and that just kinda brought it all home! I haven't been too nervous, thou. This has been such a long process of research and tests, blah,blah,blah and I am just ready to have ths done. I think one thing that is helping me is concentrating on the "after", not the surgery. Like having my post-op appointments w/ my surgeon, my pychologist, my nutritionist. Also, this Friday I'm having my hair done, cut & color! I've really been cleaning my house too, I don't know if it's a form of "nesting" or if it's just 'cos my mom-in-law will be staying here for a few days! Well, best of luck to you! We can e-mail if you'd like, we are practically band-twins! How old are your kids? My 9 yo daughter is a little worried, but both she and my 12 yo son are really being supportive! Debra
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/13/04 8:48 am - MD
I KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT THE NERVES..ITS CRAZY!! DID U SAY SMOKING?? I THOUGH WE HAD TO STOP...A CIG WOULD DEFF CALM MY NERVES A LIL
Tanja Y
on 7/13/04 2:54 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I know I was supposed to stop....figured I would have plenty of time once I got my date. But then out of the blue I got a date and instead of having months to quit smoking I had a couple of weeks. I figure being down from over a pack a day to just a couple a day is better then nothing. I'm working hard on quitting totally, but the surgical date is LOOMING.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views