Time from First visit to surgery

Teresa M.
on 7/12/04 10:41 am - Claremore, OK
Just wondering how long it usually is from the beginning of this journey to surgery time. I know the post-op losing time is up to how well I follow directions. Insurance will pay for "morbid obesity". Have United Healthcare---anyone else experienced with them and doctors in the Tulsa OK area? Would appreciate any answers. Thanks. Teresa p.s. As I get better at posting, I'll try to make my posts "cuter"
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/04 11:36 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I went through a local program in St. Louis. I had to turn in all of my necessary paperwork for insurance to them, and they sent it to the surgeon. The surgeon signed it, and it went to insurance. I was approved quickly, had my pre-op testing, met the surgeon, and had surgery less than a month later. For me, my waiting time was about six months, because I got lost in the program's system. It really depends on how quickly you get everything turned in, and how pro-active you are in the process. Good luck!
Nita A.
on 7/12/04 12:01 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Hey Theresa! First of all good luck on your journey! I went to my seminar on the 21st of April and I Iam having surgery on the 23rd of July, so about 4 months! If you need additional information please let me know I will be glad to give you the dish!
IrishIze
on 7/12/04 1:31 pm - NJ
I first met with my PCP in mid-April, got my insurance approvals the end of June and I'm having my surgery on July 19. Some people have problems with their insurance or their health, and it takes longer. My suggestion would be to find out what criteria you need to meet for your insurance and start from the beginning and gather it. Best of luck, and don't ever give up!! Hugs, Nancy
Traci72
on 7/12/04 2:47 pm - Hastings, MN
My "1st" visit was the informational seminar towards the end of Feb, and had the "intern/student" moron that did my psych eval do her job correctly, I "would" have had my surgery early June. Instead it's end of July, so 5mos for me. (should have been 3 1/2mos, but I can live w/5mos)
Debra O.
on 7/12/04 3:38 pm - Chino, CA
I had my first visit with the surgeonon April 21, and im scheduled for surgery this Wednesday OMG less than 36 hours from now. Yikes~~~~~
Teresa M.
on 7/13/04 9:33 pm - Claremore, OK
I'll be praying for successful surgery. I'll keep my eyes open on your updates. Teresa
Heather M.
on 7/13/04 4:13 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Teresa, I think alot of it varies. I've talked to people who have had the surgery one month after the asked about it and others that have been trying for years before getting it. You may want to check with other patients of your surgeons or ask on the Oklahoma message board. If you need any help doing this let me know and I will be glad to try and help you in any way that I can. Heather
Teresa M.
on 7/13/04 9:32 pm - Claremore, OK
Thanks for all your responses. They were very helpful. I haveanother question I'm going to post re: surgeons Thanks all,Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views