SCARED!!!!!!

Katie P.
on 7/12/04 9:47 am - Orange Park, FL
Hi, I have about 10 hours left for my surgery... The closer it gets, I get so SCARED! I kept thinking about it.. My family and friends have been telling me that I will be alright... ~ GULPS ~ Katie~
IrishIze
on 7/12/04 10:01 am - NJ
Katie, you'll be fine!! It's very normal to be afraid - my surgery is next Monday and as sure as I am that I want the surgery, I get scared if I think about it too much. Try thinking about the positive side - the weight loss, fitting into attractive clothes, being able to move easily, get in and out of a car or a booth at a diner, freedom from all of the weight. You can get through this - and before you know it, you'll be checking back in here telling us how you're doing. Hang in there July sister!! Hugs and Nancy
Nita A.
on 7/12/04 10:08 am - Fayetteville, NC
Katie, I can only imagine my surgery is 11 days away and there are times I think "what is the world am I thinking". From the post I have seen on this site this is normal to be scared, I'd worry if you weren't it's a big change. Like Nancy said before you know it all of you July 19th babies will be back on the board sending us late July babies words of encouragement!! Nita
Jeanette S.
on 7/12/04 10:40 am - Albany, NY
Hi Katie You will be fine. Keep the focus on the picture ahead a healthier slimmer life. Don't get yourself worked up you will be fine. You will be in my prayers. Have a safe and speedy recovery. Jeanette
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/12/04 11:05 am - MD
hang in there and everythign will be fine....!!! we all are here praying for you
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/04 11:39 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Katie-- There are no words that are going to calm your fears. I only wish that on the day of surgery, I knew what I know now. If I did, I wouldn't have wasted all my time being frightened. My only advice is this: Get drugs as soon as you get your IV in!
GailD
on 7/12/04 11:56 am - Racine, WI
Best of luck, Katie! I know you'll come through with flying colors! It's only natural to be scared of something when you don't know what to expect. Thank goodness for this website that at least give us some idea what it'll be like! Hang in there...you'll be giving all of us advice in a couple of weeks! Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views