Any other considered "lightweights" here?

NadineM
on 7/12/04 2:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Just having some silly concerns here. I know most want to loose as much as possible. But being a lightweight and 5'1" (I hate that term)....wondering if anyone who only needs to loose 100 or less is concerned about malnutrition...etc.... I guess I am just getting scared. I know I will feel much healthier with 100 pounds off of me.... Thanks for listening Surgery July 19......ONE WEEK FROM TODAY.....
IrishIze
on 7/12/04 3:08 am - NJ
I'm having my surgery on July 19 too - guess we'll be twins!! I guess I might be considered a lightweight. I would be happy losing 120, but 100 is my goal. I am not too worried about malnutrition because I fully intend to eat as directed by the nutritionist. I am looking at this surgery as a learning experience - I have always eaten whatever I want, never looking at my body as a machine that needs certain fuels and performs best with the right fuel. I really hope for this surgery to start a new chapter in my life, and I have every intention of doing it right. I think if we follow doctor's orders, we will be fine. Hugs, Nancy
Heather M.
on 7/12/04 3:21 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Well, I too am on the 19th and also only need to lose 100lbs. I'm 5'3" and they say I should weigh 130 and I'm at 230. I'm not worried about malnutrition since I plan on trying to retrain myself on what to eat. I'm more worried about regain, not loosing at all, or no adversions. I'm hopeing I'll have bad reactions to the foods I shouldn't eat and learn not to eat them anymore. I haven't set my site too much on what I want to way more like what I would like to look like. I think everyone is built different and so it varies from person to person. Just like I think those percentage scales they use on kids are a crock. I may think I look good at 150 or 120. Heather
Deejay
on 7/12/04 4:07 am - Sparks, NV
I'm with you guys. I'm on July 19th also and considered a "lightweight" (only in this community! haha) But I'm 5"3 too and weigh 248. I'd like to lose 100 but they say I could lose 120 for ideal. We'll see I guess. I'm not worried about malnutrition, I'm keeping faith in my surgeon and nutritionist to give me the best advice and I plan to follow it the best I can. Good luck to all of us!!!
GailD
on 7/12/04 12:14 pm - Racine, WI
I'm not exactly sure if I'm considered a "lightweight", but I have about 120 lbs. to lose, although I haven't really thought about a goal weight. At this point (I'm 50 years old) I'm just tired of achy knees and high blood pressure medication. My health is the most important thing (not that I won't enjoy looking "slim" again!) I'm not worried about malnutrition. I trust the doctor and the nutritionist to point me in the right direction and help me stay healthy and on course. Surgery is scheduled for July 28th...so just think, you'll be on your way to recovery when I'm just getting started! I'm nervous too, but I decided it's time for me to take a risk and do something for myself! I'll be watching for your updates! Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views