Surgery Cancelled

Angie R.
on 7/12/04 12:07 am - Hammonton, NJ
I wanted to let everyone know that my surgery for this morning was cancelled on Friday morning due to my low blood count. Dr. Slotman now wants me to see a Hematologist. I'm pretty bummed about this and who knows how far down this will put me on the waiting list!!
IrishIze
on 7/12/04 12:14 am - NJ
Oh Angie, I'm so sorry for you!! I know how disappointed you must be, but it's so important that you be in the best health possible to endure the surgery. I hope you can get this problem resolved, and get right back on the list. Keep in touch with us, please! Hugs, Nancy
LadyBug :.
on 7/12/04 1:04 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Angie, OH how I can relate to you. I'm so sorry for you. I know your pain. I was going to have my surgery on May 12th., and on May 11th. my Doc. told me I had Pneumonia and canceled my surgery. Now I'm on for July 29th. Longest 10 weeks of my life. I cried for days. There is nothing anyone can say that will make you feel better even when you know it was for the best. So just hang in there and your day will come again. Jean
Nancy C.
on 7/12/04 1:45 am - Hersey, MI
Words can't describe how discouraging this has to be for you. My surgery is July 30 and I sure would feel terrible if it happened to me. Why didn't they find this out before? Hope your blood gets built up quickly and you get to have your surgery. Nancy C
suzeeq
on 7/12/04 2:07 am - Palmerton, PA
So sorry about your setback hon. Get your blood straightened out and things will probably move right along again! I would feel devistated if I was you too but we're strong and can handle it! We're here for you....Hugs....Susie
Deejay
on 7/12/04 4:08 am - Sparks, NV
Angie, I'm so terribly sorry. I can't imagine how sad you must be. I pray they figure it out quick and get you back on the schedule in no time! Hugs, Deejay
cosette
on 7/12/04 4:51 am - Tujunga, CA
I'm so sorry, Angie. What exactly does low blood count mean? How low is it? Is that the iron? Please explain. I have previously been anemic, but I think it's cleared up. I'm a little worried, however, that when I get my labs, same thing will happen. What else are you supposed to do to get it to the right level?
Irene S.
on 7/12/04 7:31 am - NJ
I'm so sorry, Angie! I know that it's very upsetting to have a cancellation at the 11th hour, but as almost everyone has said, you have to put your health first. Go see the hematologist. I know how disappointing it is to be that close, and yet so far away. But this might not set you back as much as you think. Anyhow, I'll be praying for you! irene
Nita A.
on 7/12/04 9:51 am - Fayetteville, NC
Angie, I am so sorry about your news and it being so close to your day. Take care of your low blood count and it will happen for you. I'll be praying for you!
Angie R.
on 7/12/04 10:37 pm - Hammonton, NJ
Hi Everyone: I just wanted to thank everyone for all your support. It meant alot hearing from all of you and knowing so many people cared! I'm coping with the dissappointment a little better every day. I'll let you all know how I'm progressing, Thanks...Angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views