Hello! I'm new here!

joycewinfrey
on 7/11/04 6:26 pm - Western, WA
Hi! I just found this site and I am so happy about it! I guess everyone else seems to be scared just like me! My surgery is scheduled for July 29th (only 17 days away) and I'm getting scared. I'm actually meeting with my doctor today at 3:00 for the pre-op appointment. Oh, what is a good tasting protein drink out there? Are there any chocolate ones that taste good? They are so expensive that I just hate to buy one that isn't very good. Any suggestions?
melissab
on 7/11/04 11:23 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure about the protein drinks, I haven't tasted any. I just wanted to welcome you as a newbie. This site is phenomenal! The people are so warm and welcoming! They are also very supportive and great people to answer honestly your questions I am having my surgery July 28, so we are only one day apart. The best of luck to you!!! I'll be watching your post to see the responses, I have to go buy protein powder and stuff today. Melissa
lily K.
on 7/12/04 12:08 am - brockton, MA
dear joyce i know what you mean sometimes a canister of protein powder is $15. and after 1 scoop you know its going in the trash i have been using the slimfast ready made shakes the low carb ones about $5 for 4 at walmart but you need to listen to your surgeon as there are some out there that may taste great but are too high in sugar or carbs for us WLS folks i found a website bariatriceating.com and she offers some sample single shakes (they are not cheap) so you can try them i think they were about $1.75 an envelope plus shipping, have not received yet so i am hoping there are a few good ones in there. i also recently went to whole foods market and bought a few sample shakes again will be trying this week so hoping for a few good hits good luck and try to a least sample a few shakes beforehand, my nutritionist said my tastes could change but so far the ones i drank before i can still stand i also cut them sometimes with lactaid skim milk. had my WLS 7/6/04 so it's still early good luck lilykate
LadyBug :.
on 7/12/04 1:19 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Joyce, I too am having surgery on July 29th. We will be hall walkers together but apart . And Welcome to the best WLS site on the internet. My Surgeons Office gave me a list of which Protein Powder I am to use. I've tried it and it's OK. I mix it with Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added). I'm aloud to have two cups of weak decaf coffee a day. So I take one packet of CIB Choc. and add my Protein and 8oz's of 2% Milk and shake it good. Then I pour a large mug of half coffee and half CIB and heat in my Microwave. It's so goooood . I also take 8oz's of 2% milk and freeze it. When it's time to have another CIB (5 aday) I dump the frozen Milk in my Blender, add the scoop of Protein powder. And blend till just smooth. It's like having a Milk shake and goes down real good. Good Luck on your Surgery and hope you have a fast recovery. Jean
Tina I.
on 7/12/04 7:48 am - Minot AFB, ND
I will be one week post-op tomorrow and I really did my homeowrk with the protein shakes. I like the nectar ones the best at bariatriceating.com. I like the roadside lemonade(instead of mixing with water, I use the 8 oz of water and a dash of crystal light lemonade) and it gives it a little better flavor. I also liked the fuzzy navel. good luck
Nita A.
on 7/12/04 10:15 am - Fayetteville, NC
Joyce!! WELCOME!! I am so happy you have joined our July family here!! I have ordered the roadside lemonade and nector they haven't arrived yet so I can't tell you how they taste everyone says they are great. I did go to GNC and I got a small container (30 bucks) of Whey protein unflavored protein so I could mix it to anything. I'm hoping that I can find something cheaper along this way!! But again WELCOME !
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views