Im out! and Post op!

Bunny54
on 7/11/04 12:52 pm - Anaheim, CA
Hello Everyone! many many thanks to Diane Craig (my ) who posted a couple of times on the california board in my behalf..she is a wonderful angel and called several times to check up on me..and brought me flowers..! Many thanks to all who called and posted such nice messages and well wishes to me during my surgery! I really appreciated all the well wishes... My surgery was last wednesday the 7th and surgery was a bit longer than normal due to my spleen that was a little stuck to my stomach...just like an abrasion..but the doc had to hold it it in his hand until the bleeding stopped....they were really wonderful...checking my bloodcounts regularly to make sure that i was not bleeding anywhere post op. I didnt have mu*****ision pain..but the gas....ech...was horrendous...(this is usual for me with abdominal surgery) and i guess not quite as bad for everyone...so they kept me in an extra day just so they were sure that it was going to pass well enough..i guess...anyway...i feel great...feel as if i was prepping for a marathon with all the laps around the floor that i did...lol... but i havent had any problems with nausea or holding anything down..so that is good!..the doc did keep me on 1 ounce per hour clear liquid for an extra day because of the gas though...but it all worked out! We are back at the hotel...and am looking forward to my post op appointment tomorrow and then we can go home! yippee! Thank you so much for all the support this board lends..and for all you pre ops....hang in there....it'll happen for you too! Love you all.. Leah F.
melissab
on 7/11/04 10:07 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations Leah!!! I am so happy things went well for you! And that you had a good surgeon so that your little blip in surgery didn't cause too much of a problem. I am eagerly looking each day for newly postop stories since I'm only 16 days away HAHA. Thank you for sharing your experience. Good luck in your recovery and your weight loss! I hope all your goals are met and your dreams come true Congratulations again Leah! I think everyone who goes through this surgery is so brave! If I had a "warrior" pin I'd send you one Melissa
IrishIze
on 7/11/04 11:00 pm - NJ
Hurray for you Leah!! I'm sorry you had a bump in the road, but so glad that you're doing well!! Please take care of yourself - get your rest! Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing! Hugs, Nancy
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/12/04 3:40 am - MD
yeah for leah!!!! So gladto hear ur doing well...despite that bump in the road....take care and keep us posted
Nita A.
on 7/12/04 10:04 am - Fayetteville, NC
Leah, I am happy to see that despite your bump in the road you are back to tell us about yourself! I pray that you have a speedy recovery! Hope to see a post from you soon!
Jamie D.
on 7/13/04 2:13 am - Ontario, CA
congratulations. I'm glad you are ok. I"m set for the 19th and full of anxiety. I'm really happy for your rough but successful surgery and recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views