hello buddies I'm up and about

kellyh26
on 7/11/04 10:01 am - White Bluff, TN
Well, I suppose all is as well as it can be, I'm feeling pretty blah, today the gas is a terrible part of this I'm waiting for the doc's office to open tomorrow to find out if there is anything that I can take to help out with this. It's way different than I'd thought that it would be ALOT different I've always bounced back from surgerys like a champ and this at this point has pretty much slammed me. I do thank all those that posted to my support page. I'll update again soon hopefully in better spirits Kelly RNY 7 6 04
IrishIze
on 7/11/04 10:04 am - NJ
Sorry you're not feeling so hot Kelly. ;-( Hang in there, and I'm sure things will get better every day. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Nancy
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/11/04 10:23 am - MD
hang in there ...things will get better day by day... and soon u will be good as new but better ull be on that loosing bench good luck to a speedy recovery and amazing journey jessica
sewstauch
on 7/11/04 10:22 am - Renton, Wa
Hi Kelly, Keep up with the walking!!!! It helps move the gas around, it'll have to go either up or down---LET IT GO GIRL, BE PROUD OF YOUR BURPS OR FLATULENCE!!! Keep in mind that this surgery is the most invasive of all abdominal surgeries. If you keep a good attitude, keep up on your protein intake and walk whenever you can, you'll be feeling better in no time. Rich Open RNY 7/1/04
Allyson H.
on 7/11/04 10:45 am - San Jose, ca
Hi Kelly harris it's allyson harris I was on the 30th glad to hear you are back the gas is bad for me to but working realy helps hang in there they all say it is worth it and gets better .Allyson
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/04 11:47 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Kelly, I was prescribed Maalox Plus (5-10ml every 4 hrs as needed) to help move the gas. It worked! I am gas free, except for when it's time to use the bathroom.
Mary D.
on 7/11/04 12:13 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Kelly, My surgery is in 8 hours and I appreciated your posting to let the rest of us know what to expect. My surgeon warned about the gas and said I have to walk walk walk and "toot" before I will be allowed any liquids other than IV. I'm not surprised that you feel slammed....be kind to yourself. And don't hesitate to call the doctor's answering service if you are that uncomfortable. It's his/her job to respond. Hang in there and post again after you speak to the dr. ok? I will look for your progress when I return home from hosp on 7/14. Mary Dailey, New Jersey
Nita A.
on 7/12/04 10:23 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank you Kelly for posting us an update! I am sorry you feel so tuckered out but, this too shall pass each day will get better and before you know it you will feel like a new woman!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views