Creamy Soup/Unsweetened Juice

Katie P.
on 7/11/04 8:56 am - Orange Park, FL
Hi Again! I was looking at my dietary booklet that I took at the dietary class in order to have the surgery. As I understand that the 1st/2nd week is all strictly liquid diet, in the booklet, it stated that I will have a creamy soup that will be mixed with high protein milk. My question if you know, what kind of creamy soup should I look for? I have everything all ready except for creamy soup and unsweetened juice.. I need some feedback on the creamy soup and unsweetened juice. Katie~ 7/13/04
IrishIze
on 7/11/04 9:18 am - NJ
I think maybe you can get tomato soup or maybe cream of chicken - something like that? I think you would have to puree the cream of chicken to get the chunks out. I'm hoping that the doc will give me some guidelines before I leave the hospital.... Hugs, Nancy
sewstauch
on 7/11/04 10:30 am - Renton, Wa
Hi Katie, You have to be careful with advice from any of us other than your Dr. as there are so many differences with surgeons. I can only tell you what we were told. The first 2 weeks are to be THIN liquids, not necessarily clear, but THIN. I would think that this would leave out creamed soups, however as I said, check with your Doc. therein lies your answer, don't be afraid to call, you are paying a ton for this surgery! The unsweetened juice we are using is apple, white grape, cranberry. These are all fine as long as they are 100% juice and no sweeteners added. This is then diluted 50/50 juice to water. The reason for this is to allow your stomach to heal. My hubby is using a protein powder developed by his surgical team. We then mix it with 1% milk. Good luck, WALK, WALK, WALK Rich RNY 7/1/04
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/04 11:49 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My information says Cream of Potato, Cream of Rice, Cream of Chicken...As for unsweetened juice...just read the ingredients. If it's unsweetened, there won't be any added sugar. I believe Mott's apple juice is unsweetened. I use Walmart's generic apple and white grape.
alli E.
on 7/11/04 1:16 pm - CA
Go to Trader Joe's they have these grrrrrrrrreat yummy creamy soups... THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!
Carla S.
on 7/11/04 9:06 pm - Signal Mountain, TN
Hey Katie! I was told can you cream of chicken or mushroom. You have to strain it though is what they told me so you don't have any of the chuncks. My doctor recommended that I only use 100% apple or white grape juice for the first 4 days post op for the clear liquid part and then on day 5 I can have v8 juice as well when the full liquid part starts (this is when i can have the creamy soup.) Hope this helps. Best of luck! Carla Smith, Signal Mtn., TN
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views