17 days to go ... pins and needles!

melissab
on 7/11/04 12:03 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I am 17 days away and it feels like I have to wait another year, the time is starting to pass so slowly. It wasn't so bad until I went earlier this week for my preadmission testing etc. It made is so REAL to me! This IS happening and it is happening SOON! Now that it is so close, I want it to be RIGHT NOW! I am constantly thinking or talking about it. I am so overwhelmed with emotion. I attended a birthday luncheon for a family member yesterday and many guests were talking to me about my surgery coming up. I was sitting there as the youngest (29 years old) with women aging from their early 50's up to 80 years old! And they were so HAPPY to hear that this was happening for me. It was hen peck party to be sure, and felt wonderful to see such support, especially from older women used to the "old school" way of thinking. I am spending hours at a time on this site reading profiles and just finding such inspiration from the stories of all the brave and courageous men and women here who are taking on their health head on and doing this for THEMSELVES! Thank you all! For all you fellow July babies, how are you coping? I'm about ready to start chewing my fingers to the bone, my nails having already been bitted to the quick (Literally, I kid you not). I am so READY to be a L-O-S-E-R !!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to be on the other side! Chant with me ladies and gents .... 17 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!! Melissa
Linda O.
on 7/11/04 12:14 am - Sea Cliff, NY
I am 15 days away and I can assure you what youre feeling is exactly what I m feeling so it is ok. I too read through each profile for inspiration and information. Everyone on this site is sooo great. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! We are making the best choice ever to change our lives.
Nita A.
on 7/11/04 12:28 am - Fayetteville, NC
12 DAYS TO GO!! I don't know what I feel anymore, my emotions vary. I am so ready to go and be a LOSER!! But, I keep telling myself my day will come. Take care Melissa!
melissab
on 7/11/04 12:39 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Thank you both! I must be on a roller coaster of emotion today (never had this happen before). I just uploaded pictures of my digital camera from a family birthday lunch yesterday. I only had one picture with me in it (I didn't even want that taken). I am now sitting here with tears rolling down my face. I thought I looked pretty good yesterday. Thought my blouse looked summery, airy, feminine, and my capri pants I thought looked very good. I want to know how we con our own minds into seeing something different than what the world sees? If the world sees what is in this picture, I can't believe I leave the house. I feel suddenly so sad and discouraged. I knew there was a reason I never allow anyone to take my picture!
IrishIze
on 7/11/04 12:45 am - NJ
8 days to go for me and today I feel very calm. Yesterday was full of anxiety. Who knows why one day is good and one not so good. I'll be so glad after I've had successful, uncomplicated surgery, and I'm home in my own bed. Melissa, I look at pictures of myself, or catch a glimpse in the mirror and I can't believe how big I am. That is one of the reasons I am so looking forward to this surgery. I really want to feel good about myself, and start going out into the world again. This is truly a miracle for us. Hugs, Nancy
Dawn H.
on 7/11/04 1:17 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
Hi Melissa and all the July Babies My date is July 28 .. so Im like the last to go so Im looking at all your posts and getting so hyped! I just cant wait .. Now Melissa .. I feel the same as you happy sad anxious and excited ... so either we are both crazy or both normal As for pictures.. LOL just look at my mug shot .. I cant believe I looked this bad.. the only good thing is ... I know My "after " pics will be GREAT .. So.. hang in there .. We will all be on the other side before you know it .. ::Hugs:: Dawn
Marjoe W.
on 7/11/04 5:07 am - Medford, OR
I can understand the pins and needles...thought I was doing pretty good until about 4 days ago...I've had a fight with my husband, can't sleep, woke up Saturday "dizzier than a coot", today I have heartburn so baaad! I'm trying to get all the washing and kitchen cleaning done before we leave tomorrow...have to drive 3 hours north to my doctor. Friends are going to be taking care of us...thank God for Friends!! Went to church this morning and they announced that I would be needing prayers on Wednesday...even had a few people come up and want to know what was happening. Again, wonderful Friends! and each day I check in here and so many people respond with such good advice...More Friends..Thank you all!!I am wishing all the July babies good luck and may you all have good Friends! Marjoe
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/11/04 10:13 am - MD
Yes is So nerve racking....its exciting and scarry all in one...im just trying to take it day by day but theres less than 8 days left.... I cant believe this is actually happening for me.,..i am so sdcared something is gonna go wrong thingsd in my life usually dont go right for me so this is alot to comprehend.... jessica ps how do i put a pic next to my name
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views