Surgery 7/7...HOME TODAY!!!!

jcordell
on 7/10/04 9:22 am - TX
Hi July Babies, Just wanted to let you all know that I finally came home today. I had a few complications that turned my hospital stay from 2 days to 4. BUT, I fell a little better each day, and hope to feel a LOT better soon! Basically, the hour and 20 minute surgery took over four hours, and I actually had the procedure done twice because the first time they did it, the Doc wasn't happy with the way it looked. My pouch was too small. I do have a drain tube in, and had a partial lung collapse, but beside that I'm doing OK. I don't regret my decision, and I pray that God will make me stronger each day and give me guidance and direction as I start my new life. Sorry this is short...but I'm pretty sore and tired...just wanted to let you all know I'm home and I am praying for all my July Babies! It is all good! Keep smiling and keep the faith!
jenniferwheeler
on 7/10/04 9:28 am - PA
Hi Jeff, My surg. date was 7/7 as well and I just got home today too. I also had some minor complications. I had very low oxygen but oh so happy to be home Glad all is ok with you and god bless and take care Jen
IrishIze
on 7/10/04 10:17 am - NJ
So glad you're home, Jeff!! I'm sorry you had complications, but I am so glad you're feeling better and you're on your way to a new and leaner YOU!! Thank you so much for checking in with us, and please know that I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Be a good boy and get back to bed now!! Hugs, Nancy
melissaross75
on 7/10/04 10:41 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Happy to hear that you are home and doing well, despite the minor complications. You and all of the July Babies are in my prayers. I'm going on in Tuesday morning, so be thinking about me and say a prayer for me and for my surgeon and his team. Always smilin' and faithful, Melissa
Irene S.
on 7/10/04 1:14 pm - NJ
Welcome home, Jeff! Each day will get a little better than the day before.
Ron W.
on 7/10/04 1:49 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks for sharing and welcome home. Kind of good to see another guy. My pre-op is Tues 7/13 with the very next day (Wed, 7/14) the operation. I notice most have a week wait. Don't know which is better. Anyway, congrats and good luck with the rest of your recovery.
cosette
on 7/10/04 3:25 pm - Tujunga, CA
You're strong...you've already proven that. Now rest up and recharge. Congratulations from on July baby (7-21) to another.
Tanja Y
on 7/10/04 5:12 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Glad to see you're home and feeling ok. 4 days doesn't sound that long to me, for a hospital stay. My surgeon already said I'd proably be in for 4 or 5 and that's with no complications. Guess every doc is different. Go get some rest! You've earned it. ~Tanja
brandnewmw30
on 7/10/04 6:11 pm - MERRILLVILLE, IN
Hi Jeff! so happy to hear that things are getting better with you. I pay that you have a speedy recovery without anymore complications. I go on the 16th and have been really nervous. MY lungs have been a big concern because I have horrible asthma. I know that everything will be alright with me as well as with you because we have faith on our side! Take care and keep us posted on your progress.
Dj _.
on 7/10/04 11:15 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi Jeff, I'm so glad you're home and safe and hopefully will never see the 'screaming nurse' again! You had a bit of a rough road so far, but I'm sure that means the rest will be smooth sailing! I used to live in Vegas, and my dad is still there. He tells me it's over 100 yesterday. Stay inside and cool and get your rest! Wishing you a speedy recovery...and BIG losses! Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views