Is it true???

Jeanette S.
on 7/10/04 6:43 am - Albany, NY
That the healthier you are the easier and safer your surgery? I ask because other than being 5'3 and weighing 281 pounds I have no major health complications other than my weight. So Im told it would be easier than those with major health complications. Jeanette
cosette
on 7/10/04 3:35 pm - Tujunga, CA
I don't know for sure, Jeanette. But when I met with my surgeon (my surgery is 7-21), he reviewed my case (I'm like you, no major health issues other than weight) and said "Good. This is the kind of patient we like." So I'm thinking it does make sense that less health issues going in means less health issues to have to deal with. At least I pray that's so. Good luck to you!
alli E.
on 7/10/04 5:10 pm - CA
I have no health issues only my weight--- I am the best canidate and being young too! It is A GREAT THING FOR US! I have a strong heart and my surgeon is telling me my recovery will be short!
Tanja Y
on 7/10/04 5:17 pm - Wahiawa, HI
My surgeon was surprised and made me laugh when he said with some amazement "You still have all your original organs?" Like it was a shock that I hadn't had to have my appendix out or gall bladder surgery at my ripe old age of 35. I consider myself pretty healthy......my biggest problem are my knees and that's from my excess weight.
Nita A.
on 7/10/04 11:50 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Jeanette, I'm not to sure about that but, like Nancy said it stands to reason that it would be healthier. Ask your doctor and see what he says. I hope that helps...Nita
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views