Encouragement and Support

Brenda K.
on 7/10/04 6:39 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Thank you guys soooooooooo much for your continued encouragement and support! It has been nice to hear only positives during this emotional, exciting time. I have not actually shared with many people that I have a date (7/21/04)because I don't want to hear any "sympathy" statements, or "what if" statements or "are you sure you want to do this" statements for that matter. I saw my PCP yesterday, she did all of the above. Since I have MS, my health concerns are very diffent than most other people. My neurologist and surgeon have already anticipated any complications and the best method of treatment for all. I am secure in my decision. My PCP stated yesterday, "I hope you don't wind I paralysed over this." I didn't say a word. I have completed all my pre-op stuff and am just waiting for that day. I am trying to stay busy, but it just so happens that I've been on vacation since 7/12, leaving me with lots of time on my hands. Since I can no longer drive, I'm sitting around the house THINKING!!! Only good thoughts at this point! Am feeling the nerves kick in occassionally. But I KNOW that God is in control and that I am His child, my destiny is sealed. No matter what, He will only allow what is in His plan for my life to happen. Thanks again for the support!!
stephanie A.
on 7/10/04 7:58 am - Sunland, CA
Brenda, You will do just fine. Putting your faith in Him, will give you peace of mind and comfort in knowing you are doing the right thing for you. I will be going on 7/12 for my cardiac stress-test & upper GI w/ ultrasound, my insurance already pre-approved me for the surgery, my surgeon is thinking the end of this month or begining of next month. Good luck & God bless.
Brenda K.
on 7/12/04 8:05 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Stephanie! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery as well! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I do have all my faith in God. I went for my "pre-op" class today. Everything seems so real now. Getting a little scary! I keep telling myself "pain is only temperary!" How my brain believes it soon. Good luck on all of your testing!! Brenda
cosette
on 7/10/04 3:40 pm - Tujunga, CA
Brenda, my surgery is 7-21, too! We'll make it together! Also, on the Discovery Channel, they have a show called I LOST IT! and I jus****ched an episode the other day about a woman WITH MS who had the surgery and she came out of it just fine, lost weight, and it helped with her mobility. I pray the same happens for you!
Brenda K.
on 7/12/04 8:07 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Cossett! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery as well! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I do have all my faith in God. I went for my "pre-op" class today. Everything seems so real now. Getting a little scary! I keep telling myself "pain is only temperary!" How my brain believes it soon. Good luck on all of your testing!!
Nita A.
on 7/10/04 11:49 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Brenda, it seems to me that you have the right attitude concerning the surgery. It is your personnel buisness and you don't have to tell anyone. I believe that God too has a plan for each and everyone of us and no matter what people say, if it's not in HIS plan it is NOT going to happen! Keep the faith and you know it will work out! Nita
Brenda K.
on 7/12/04 8:09 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Hey Nita! Thanks for the encouraging words! God is good!! All the time! I am trusting that and I can do no more! Thanks again, Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views