Had my pre-admission tests today....

IrishIze
on 7/10/04 4:51 am - NJ
I had my preadmission tests today at the hospital. It was the usual, they drew blood from my arm, but then they did a blood oxygen test where they draw the blood from your wrist. I think the guy was just learning, and he had some trouble and had to do it twice - I almost passed out, but I'm funny with blood tests anyway... Then I went upstairs for my chest X-ray, then back down for my meeting with a nurse who basically went over medical history and told me what to expect. Next I met with the anesthesiologist. He told me I could take my BP meds and a mild tranquilizer before I came to the hospital, but just a small sip of water. He ordered Valium pre-surgery (whew) and told me what to expect. I felt better after that. I have to be at the hospital at 7 AM and go to the reception desk. They will send me upstairs where I will go to the room where I will stay after surgery. I'll be given a hospital gown to put on and they'll get me ready with IV's etc. Then I'll be wheeled down to surgery on my hospital bed and surgery is scheduled for 8:30 AM. They also told me what to expect in recovery and after surgery. Guess this is really gonna happen, huh? I have to say I'm feeling a little stressed and nervous today. Hope I can get back to feeling a little more calm and serene.... Hugs, Nancy
Nita A.
on 7/10/04 5:15 am - Fayetteville, NC
Nancy, I'm glad your pre-op testing is over and everything is a go for next week. Can you believe it next week! YEEEHAW!
IrishIze
on 7/10/04 5:43 am - NJ
I can't believe it Nita..... I'm having a fingernail-biting day today. I think it was the visit to the hospital and all. I am kind of having anxiety attacks - maybe I'll take a tranquilizer... I feel like I have so much to do and today I just want to lay around and lose myself in TV...that's not usually me. Well, tomorrow is another day, I hope I'll feel better then. Hugs, Nancy
Deejay
on 7/10/04 8:54 am - Sparks, NV
Glad it all went well, sounds like they are very thorough! I'm looking forward to mine on Monday. I'm having my anxiety day today. I've spent the whole day writing letters to my family and have just been in tears all day. I would have given anything to have a letter from my dad before he passed and wanted to do that for my kids, dh and mom. Even if nothing happens, I will have it done forever, cuz you just never know. But it made for alot of hard thoughts and tears. But I would rather my kids and family know that I died trying to better my life rather then sit around and feel sorry for myself. Anyway, onto happier things, I'm still so excited, I have so much planned over the next week and a half, its going so fast. Including my triplets' 3 year old birthday party the day before surgery. I can't believe its only 8 more days away. We are so lucky!!! Hugs Nancy! Deejay
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views