nervous

Gerri T.
on 7/9/04 10:13 pm - Fruitport, MI
Hi everyone. My date is set for July 27th. Only 17 more days. I think this is normal bu I am starting to feel funny about having this surgery. One day I get up and I feel confident and wish I were having it sooner. The next day I ask myself "what the heck are you doing"? Is this normal? THanks, Gerri
alli E.
on 7/10/04 12:44 am - CA
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I get the same way! I am now at the point where this is the best thing for me and saving my life in the LONG RUN! I feel like I am on a roller coaster of emotions! I AM like 4 days away! OH MY! ALL i think of is the NEEDLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! But that will be fine! U need to go to a support group that helps me A TON! I am here for u!
Sherry Sonson
on 7/10/04 2:11 am - Valdese, NC
Gerri, Gerri, Gerri, This is so normal, I dont think you would be normal if you did not feel this way, my surgery is the 20th and I had pre-op, and I still feel this way at times , but site this has helped me so much, there is so much support here. You also have my prayers and if you need or want to talk, just hollar just think we will be on the losing side real soon God Bless, Sherry
lily K.
on 7/10/04 3:57 am - brockton, MA
dear gerri you are so normal, i had my surgery on 7/6/04 and that morning i was sure my heart would just jump out of my chest it was beating so fast, but i knew that i was doing the right thing. everyone will tell you to relax and its not easy to do or hear!! good luck lilykate
Nita A.
on 7/10/04 5:27 am - Fayetteville, NC
Gerri, nerves --rollar coster of emotions ---yep got all of those feeling plus a few more. I keepp thinking have they ran enough test to see if this is safe? I hope when I'm under they will still be able to do it lap, so many things to think about but coming here is the best thing for me to know that I am NOT alone in what I am feeling and that I am normal! I love that feeling! If you need anything please feel free to write me! I don't know it all but together we can/will figure something out!
IrishIze
on 7/10/04 5:47 am - NJ
I keep feeling that they missed something too. I had my cardiac clearance - they did a nuclear stress test, echocardiogram, EKG and said everything looked great, but today I am feeling short of breath and so I think somethings wrong. I know sometimes when I have anxiety, I feel like I can't catch my breath, so I'm sure that's what it is....BUT, my mind is really working overtime!! I just wish my surgery was over and I was back home in my own little bed... Hugs, Nancy
Irene S.
on 7/10/04 8:28 am - NJ
Yes, it's very normal. I'm having my surgery on the 27th too. I don't have a lot of jitters at this point, and I think part of it is that I've been waiting so long for surgery, that it felt many times like the day would never come. At many times during my waiting I would get the thoughts that you mention, and since I didn't have a surgery date, I didn't have to worry about acting on them. One of the things that I did that helped with that is to review the reasons that I want this surgery, and how unsuccessful I've been in the past with controlling my weight. It helps to make the surgery feel more "right" for me. Hang in there and feel free to vent anytime! irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views