Short Term Disability

sradcli74
on 7/9/04 1:51 am
Hi Family, Does anyone have Short-Term Disability through their job? If so, how long did they approve your pay? I am approved through my job for 6 weeks off throuh FMLA, but we also have ST disability insurance, which requires a separate approval, I'm just wondering if I will also get approved for 6 weeks of STD as well. If not, I'll be back at work sooner. I've filed the claim but they don't give that information until they receive your medical records. So any estimates will be helpful. By the way I am having Laproscopic surgery if that makes any difference.
Heather M.
on 7/9/04 3:16 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Wish I could help you but I'm self employed so basically I get nothing. I wish there was a way that I could get paid, thus the reason I'm only closing for a total of 2 weeks. My child care parents know that I'll be slow going for a little while after the surgery. Heather
Brandy H.
on 7/9/04 7:44 am - charlestown, IN
Hiya I will get short term disbabitly threw my job. It starts the first day of my surgery and ends the first day of the doctor releaseing me. If you need more info let me no hugs brandy
siennagodiva
on 7/9/04 9:18 am - BALTIMORE, MD
My company allow short term disability for 89 calendar days. After that, they you have to switch to long-term diability, which pays less than short term. Hope that helps...
Gale P.
on 7/11/04 12:39 pm - Salisbury, MD
i get st disability thru my insurance at work. i have to use 5 of my vacation or personal days 1st and then the std pays weeks 2-8. i'll be off approx. 7 weeks will full pay. i'm off after wed. this week. my surgery is next monday but i'm having a filter put in on thurs. gale
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views