July 12th is the day!

Mary D.
on 7/8/04 2:35 pm - Westfield, NJ
Just looking for company. Lap RNY just 4 days away! Yeah me!
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 10:20 pm - NJ
Mary - it won't be long now!! Pretty soon you'll be a LOSER!! I'm keeping a list of 'July babies' - check out the thread below. I'll add your name to it and you can see others with the same date as you. Every day I post a list of people who are having their surgeries the next day so we can all wish them well. Hugs, Nancy
Mary D.
on 7/9/04 12:44 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Nancy, Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I am ready to proceed and feel very good about my decision. My 21 year old son is very much opposed to my surgery and feels that I should just follow through on my own with a nutritionist.....oh, like I haven't done that a million times. I have tried to reassure him that I will be ok, I think he is just scared. Anyway.....my husband, sisters and in-laws are behind me. So, thanks again for the positive words. Will keep you posted after I get home....should be home on July 14th...my 49th bday! Mary
BQQPER63
on 7/8/04 10:22 pm - Bowdoin, ME
Hi Mary! My date is July 13! I am so anxious. People keep asking if I'm nervous or scared and I just keep telling them...no! I'm just excited and anxious and want to get it over with! My doc tells me with my age and overall health, things should go really smooth for me! I hope so! I will keep you in my thoughts, please keep me in yours! Kim
bama G.
on 7/8/04 10:42 pm - Brewton, AL
mine is the 13 too .Just wanted to wish you the best for an uneventful surgery and a speedy & smooth recovery. See you on the losing side! bamagirl_37
BQQPER63
on 7/9/04 8:47 pm - Bowdoin, ME
Thanks for the encouragement! We can be "13" buddies ! I wish you the best and please keep in touch! Kim
Mary D.
on 7/9/04 12:51 pm - Westfield, NJ
Thank you Kim, for your supportive post. Today I received my box of vitamins and protein products from BariatricEating.com. I have my jello and chicken broth ready to go...I even bought my POLAND SPRING water and a new sport bottle for sipping. And, new sneakers for getting back to serious walking. Couldn't help but notice that you are from Maine. I graduated from Nasson College in Springvale, Maine in 1977. The college closed in the aftermath of the poor economy in the 80's. I vacation in Kennebunk and Ogunquit and York Beach. Love your beautiful state. GOOD LUCK ON THE 13TH!!! I will keep you in my prayers. Mary
Dj _.
on 7/8/04 10:55 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi Mary, I'm July 12th too...I just know it's a great day for surgery! Deb
Nita A.
on 7/9/04 1:59 am - Fayetteville, NC
Mary I know you have got to be excited ! I pray that you have a safe and uneventful surgery! Good Luck and we'll be here waiting to hear back from you! 14 days for me!!
Heather M.
on 7/9/04 3:30 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Mary, You'll be just fine. You're in good company here in July. I think from what I've seen so far on here that there is a good support system building and we can all go through this together. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views