Got a Date!!

Julie R.
on 7/8/04 1:15 pm - Grafton, Ia
Just got my date today. Surgery is scheduled for July 21, 2004 Can't wait. My husband keeps asking me if this is really what I want or if he can talk me out of it. NoWay! Right now I am excited all is moving ahead, hope everything goes well, so I can be back in my classroom the end of Aug. I am sure the nervous feeling will start as the date approaches but right now am on cloud 9.
Mary D.
on 7/8/04 2:25 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Julie, Great feeling isn't it!? My date is July 12...only 4 more days... I am also a teacher, Grade 5 in New Jersey. We go back after Labor Day but I begin to prepare in my classroom the second week in August. Just listen to your body and respond to the fatigue. Rest, rest, rest, Sip, sip, sip, Walk, walk, walk. Good luck to you and stay in touch! Mary
Julie R.
on 7/9/04 12:41 pm - Grafton, Ia
Thanks for your reply and BEST wishes as your surgery date is fast approaching. I'll pray that everything goes well and smoothly. Won't your students be surprised as they see you change through the year! Love, Julie
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 10:24 pm - NJ
Some days I get nervous, some days I am really calm. I find I don't really have an appetite - a sure sign of stress for me, but emotionally I am sure of the surgery. I'm trying to look down the road and keep positive thoughts. I just can't wait until the surgery is over and I'm home and beginning to feel better....that's what I look forward to!! Hugs, Nancy
bama G.
on 7/8/04 10:43 pm - Brewton, AL
Just wanted to wish you the best for an uneventful surgery and a speedy & smooth recovery. See you on the losing side!
Nita A.
on 7/9/04 2:03 am - Fayetteville, NC
Julie, I'm a teacher too!! I have my surgery on July 23 and hoping/praying I won't miss the first day of school. I'm going in next week to set up my classroom, and do a few things. Congrats on your surgery date and know that we are all here for each other!
Heather M.
on 7/9/04 3:35 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Wow we've got some teachers. I now know where I can go for edumication and lernen advice. he he he Anyhoo, congrats on your date! It's very exciting, isn't it? Hopefully I'll be alert and not so medicated and on the other side when I say a prayer for you. I'm gonna take a list on peoples names and dates with me to the hospital so I can send them good vibes and prayers while I'm in the hospital. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views