Surgeon just called me..........

Heather M.
on 7/8/04 10:45 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Why must these people do this to me. Okay I'm sitting in the pool playing with my son and the phone rings. It's my surgeons cheif resident calling to tell me that I've been bumped from the 19th and I'll need to come down early because they've moved me to the 15th with pre op on the 14th. Panic sets in I'm not ready. OMG I do home child care for the military and my parents (the parents of the kids I watch) have taken leave rearranged their schedules around my surgery (I have great child care parents). My husband is a paralegal and they have rearranged court cases around his time off. Before I could think I told him I can't. I have to talk to my husband. Then he said they could "do me" on the 22nd. You think this would have calmed me but "no". I don't want to wait longer. I can't wait any longer. Tears finally come. I'm now standing up in the middle of my sons pool in 2 ft. of water, crying with a 2 yo splashing and laughing. Just shoot me know. He finally said that I need to call him in the morning after I've discussed it with my husband. I call my dh still crying. 5 mins after I hang up with him the phone rings again, it's the cheif res. telling me that he discussed it with the surgeon and since I've had no previous abdominal surgeries they will keep me on the 19th and just do it first thing in the morning because it should only take about 2 hrs. Now I'm thinking "good lord" don't hurry the procedure. My life was all wine and roses 20 mins ago. Thought maybe you all could get a chuckle out of my brief mental breakdown. Heather
Deejay
on 7/8/04 10:48 am - Sparks, NV
you poor thing, nothing like needlessly stressing you out!! Hugs to you, Deejay
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/8/04 12:06 pm - Oxnard, CA
Oh my goodness you poor thing!!!! Glad it worked out~
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 12:16 pm - NJ
Well for goodness sake what was all of the aggravation about?? How important could it have been if they ended up putting you back? I'm sorry you had to go through that Heather. OK, take a few deep breaths, and try to relax - everything is fine now.... Hugs, Nancy
Heather M.
on 7/8/04 12:25 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
Thanks everyone. Hey I just made my routine evening calls to the local hotels to see if they've had any cancelations and they did. Yeah my dh and ds won't be sleeping in the car in the hospital parking lot. Heather
Nita A.
on 7/9/04 2:04 am - Fayetteville, NC
Heather, I am glad everything worked out!
suzeeq
on 7/9/04 4:24 am - Palmerton, PA
Heather, we're all pullin for ya hon! Just show em what you're made of! You're stronger than you know! Everything will workout for you in the end! My prayers will be with you...Good luck....Hugs...Susie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views