Next Week....and way scared

Crystal M.
on 7/8/04 10:34 am - Martinez, CA
After working this hard to get here, Im totally stressed and wondering if this was the right thing or if Im going to go in and they will cancel for some semi stupid reason
Gale P.
on 7/8/04 10:47 am - Salisbury, MD
crystal....i think how you're feeling is totally normal. i'm scheduled for the 19th and was feeling the exact same way. i had my pre-op visit with the surgeon yesterday and was given all my post-op instructions, etc. so now i feel a little better. now i'm afraid it won't work!!! basically i'm saying that i think everything we're feeling is normal and once this is done and over we'll be sooo glad we did it. try not to second guess yourself. i'm sure you like all of us are doing the right thing. gale open rny july 19, 2004
Barbara S.
on 7/8/04 11:23 am - Muscatine, IA
Crystal I can relate I'm excited and a little scared but we will both do fine I will see you on the losing side my surgery is scheduled july 12 best wishes barb
Mary D.
on 7/8/04 1:54 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Barb, I'm having Lap RNY in New Jersey on July 12. I'll pray for you as you have yours in IA! Good luck! Mary
Irene S.
on 7/8/04 12:01 pm - NJ
This is so normal! Just hang in there and soon you'll be on the losing side! irene
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 12:19 pm - NJ
I think all of those feelings are normal and shared by most of us. I'm really trying to focus on six months down the road when I'm feeling better and I'm able to move around without my back hurting and I can shop in regular stores....there are just so many positives to this surgery!!! We're all here for you Crystal!! Hugs, Nancy
lily K.
on 7/8/04 10:45 pm - brockton, MA
dear crystal i had my RNY on 7/6/04 and that morning i was so stressed i thought that my heart was going to jump out of my chest, i had never had surgery before and was anxious, i did find that listening to some meditation tapes on my cd player took the edge off, but this is a big decision and you would not be normal if you were not concerned. i am now home and doing great, i was uncomfortable the first few days, you are hooked up to an IV etc, but on thurs when they took me off the IV and i was able to shower i felt a lot better, still in pain as i go to sit or stand, but every day gets better, do get up and walk as soon as you can, you will not feel like it, but you will feel better. good luck with your big day you have worked very hard to get here and i hope and pray all goes well for you lily kate
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 11:00 pm - NJ
Lily kate - I'm so glad your surgery went well!! I have had three abdominal surgeries and you are right - the best thing you can do for yourself is get up and move. It gets things going again and helps prevent clots. Hope everything continues to go well for you, and you have a speedy recovery! Hugs, Nancy
suzeeq
on 7/9/04 4:14 am - Palmerton, PA
I feel for ya hun and I'm right with ya! I was the previous poster before you! I'm feeling the same things and all the good people that responded to me said this was normal! Guess I'm not nuts after all. My surgery is in 19 days on the 29th. so I have a ways to go and more time to worry!..LOL....I've had major surgery but it was always quick to be done without all this time to thnk and dwell on it! I know it will be all worth it in the end and we'll all look back on this and smile! Good luck with your surgery next week. You'll be in my prayers....Hugs...Susie
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/04 6:11 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Crystal, everyone tells you that worrying is NORMAL. The thing is, it really IS normal, but hearing that it is gives little comfort. I know that's how it was for me. I was a nervous wrec****il they put the mask on my face in the OR. I am sitting here, 3 full days out of surgery, and am surprised at how much time I wasted on being nervous. If I knew then what I know now, I would have waited to get the jitters until I got to the hospital. The only words of wisdom that I have for you is that there is only one week more until you can rest your fears.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views