I am home!

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/04 5:34 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am feeling pretty good, but kind of tired. The only pain I really have is from the gas they fill you up with to do the surgery. My surgery lasted less than an hour (ended at about 2:20), but I didn't wake up until around four. When I first woke up, I was vaguely aware of anything but gagging on the g-tube and the anesthesiologist telling me that he would take it out as soon as it was safe. Then, I hurt so bad but couldn't talk, so I had fight to make myself wake up more so I could ask for help. Eventually, I went into ICU, where I got excellent care. Yesterday, I passed my leak test and then got moved to a regular room, where the care was good, but their response to a beeping IV sucked. This is all for now, I am still under the morphine and am getting tired. Thank you for all the well-wishes!
Heather M.
on 7/8/04 5:56 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Yeah Pamela! Glad to see you are home and all is well. Keep us posted. Heather
Nita A.
on 7/8/04 6:35 am - Fayetteville, NC
Pamela, we are sooo glad you are back get some and we will see you soon. Thanks for the update!
Irene S.
on 7/8/04 7:20 am - NJ
Welcome home! Each day will get a little better and before you know it, you'll be feeling wonderful! irene
suzeeq
on 7/8/04 10:17 am - Palmerton, PA
Rest while you can because you need it to heal! You will be so excited to get on with it when you're feeling better... Good luck to you...Hugs...Susie
Gale P.
on 7/8/04 10:57 am - Salisbury, MD
congrats pamela for making it to the losing side. keep us posted on your recovery. gale open rny july 19, 2004
Amy C.
on 7/8/04 11:13 am - san francisco, CA
Congrats! Thanks so much for taking the time to post and let us know about your hospital time. Take good care of yourself and rest easy. Amy
Barbara S.
on 7/8/04 11:29 am - Muscatine, IA
Pam congratulations you have made it to the losing side best wishes for a speedy recovery hope to join you on the losing side July 12th Barb
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 12:13 pm - NJ
Hooray Pamela!! I'm so glad everything went well and you are on the road to recovery. Thank you so much for checking in with us - we are all wondering how the July babies who have had their surgeries are doing. Get some rest, and I hope you feel stronger every day!! Hugs, Nancy
Michelle C.
on 7/9/04 4:43 am - Fountain, CO
Welcome home Pamela! Take good care of yourself, you deserve it! Michelle in CO
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits