Hubby starting to stress!

Heather M.
on 7/8/04 12:05 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Okay it seems the closer I get to my surgery date the more my dh starts making comments about me not having the surgery. He's said on a number of occasions that I could just skip the surgery and when I ask him if he's okay he tells me he was just kidding, but he's done this now a few times. I am not at all freaked out about the surgery myself. For some reason, maybe it's just because it hasn't "hit me" yet, but I really don't have any fears about my surgery weither it be death or just complications. I've always been pretty much a worry free person. We are military and will be traveling out of town for the surgery with our 2 year old son and I am starting to worry about my husband and son. It's pretty much to late to try and ask any of our family to fly in (my surgery is on the 19th) without it costing them an arm and a leg for plane tickets but I feel like someone needs to be here not so much for me but for my dh and son. LOL after reading the above paragraph I guess there wasn't a question or anything I need help with. Just felt like I need to get that off my chest and talk to somebody about it. Heather
IrishIze
on 7/8/04 12:58 am - NJ
I think we all worry about things. I am a single mom with 16 and 18 yo sons... I am so afraid that after I am home from the hospital they will stress me out - or that I will come home from the hospital to my house being a wreck. I don't want to get up to go to the bathroom and find a sink load of dishes or feel like I have to pick up after them, etc. I really wish they could go somewhere else for the first week or two. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm a mean mother, but I really feel like I will have enough to deal with without having to deal with that stuff. Don't get me wrong - I adore my sons, but THEY ARE teenagers.... Nancy
Mary D.
on 7/8/04 2:14 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Heather, My dh has cried twice this week...so out of character as he's a hard ass businessman who never breaks a sweat. He choked out the words "I'll be so upset if something goes wrong because you are my best friend..." Can't speak...lump in throat... OF COURSE your dh is worried...you are his beautiful bride and the mother of his child. I have a 21 year old son who is not at all pleased with my decision, but has been very supportive of my husband's emotional state. . Reassure your dh...hug him and kiss him and tell him you'll be just fine. And you will be. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views