Post op appointment today....surgery a go!!!

Gale P.
on 7/7/04 11:36 am - Salisbury, MD
i had my last appointment with the surgeon today before my surgery on the 19th. i was sooo nervous. i had been having dreams and bad thoughts that for some reason i'd get there and he'd tell me he wasn't going to do it. well, that's not what happened. i'm all set. they have me all set up for my filter on the 15th and pre-registered for surgery on the 19th. i cannot wait. i'm so excited. i got all my post op instructions today along with 2 cans of protein powder that the doc. gives all his patients to start off with. i also got several scripts that have to be filled before surgery, pain meds,etc., and an order for one more round of blood work. it still doesn't seem real, but almost. i guess it won't be real until it actually happens. good luck to everyone who is before me. gale in maryland open rny july 19, 2004
IrishIze
on 7/7/04 1:09 pm - NJ
I'm a July 19th sister too! I just finished up my cardiac consult today, and have my pre-admission testing on Saturday at the hospital. Then on the 14th, I have my medical clearance from my PCP. I can't ever remember seeing more doctors in my life!! Well, at least I know everything is well and I should tolerate the surgery well. What kind of protein powder did you get?
Gale P.
on 7/8/04 10:14 am - Salisbury, MD
hi nancy my surgeon gave me perma lean. one chocolate and one vanilla. i also got some samples from vita lady. the day is getting closer my sista. gale
sammyglo
on 7/7/04 1:35 pm - Hobart, IN
Hi!! mine is on July 19 also. i'm so nervous too, but i'm also so excited. i've been waiting for this for so long. it's hard to believe that it is less than two weeks away. where i'm having it done, you have to go one a 10 day liquid diet prior to surgery. mine starts on friday. tomorrow will be my last day of eating. that is getting me more anxious. hang in there, we're doing it together. we will soon be on the losing side. write me anytime. gloria
Tanja Y
on 7/7/04 2:44 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I'll be thinking of you on the 19th while I do all my pre-op stuff. ~Tanja
Gale P.
on 7/8/04 10:22 am - Salisbury, MD
gloria.....my nervouseness has now switched to the surgery and days after. i'll be glad when this is over and i'm (we're) on the losing side. i've been waiting for so long, it just doesn't seem real yet. keep in touch, we'll compare notes gale
Cathy I.
on 7/8/04 12:59 pm - Shelby Township, MI
I too am anxiously waiting for the 19th. My pre-op testing is scheduled for Monday and then a week of waiting! Today I gathered a few things for the hospital stay and some juices, etc for the liquid diet to follow. Good luck to all. It is nice to know there are a lot of us going thru the surgery on the same day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views