Anyone else feeling cranky?

Leslie A.
on 7/7/04 1:02 am - Windsor Locks, CT
I am just three weeks away from surgery and have found myself very cranky, moody and totally unmotivated to do anything! It's not PMS so all I can attribute it to is my impending surgery. I have had surgery before and was just anxious to get it over with and move on. This is totally different. I am not organized at all regarding my prep for post op with food and all. I can't quite figure out why I'm feeling this way. Anyone else going through this? Leslie
Michelle L.
on 7/7/04 1:21 am - Warren, MI
I have been going through mood swings like you wouldn't believe! I think it's just nerves. I can't help it and I try to catch myself but I find myself losing my temper for silly reasons and crying at the drop of a hat. Part of mine was PMS but I can't even use that excuse anymore! As far as unmotivated, I've been the opposite! I've been washing walls, I rented a steam cleaner for the carpets, emptied and cleaned out all the cupboards, fridge and freezer . . . I've been a maniac!!! My date is the 12th so hopefully this will all be over then. I hate feeling this way, but I thinks it's probably normal. Hugs, Michelle
Barbara S.
on 7/7/04 9:50 am - Muscatine, IA
Hi michelle i can rtelare Ive been a mixture of emotions this week my surgery is also monday the 12 at 6am ive prepared but the unknown of what to expect postop is also spooky but i know we will all get through it and do great best wishes for a speedy recovery barb schneckloth IA
Irene S.
on 7/7/04 3:21 am - NJ
I'm expecting to get more cranky as time passes. It has taken me soooo long to get to this point, that it doesn't feel real, or maybe it feels blah after waiting and being in limbo so long. Hang in there, time will fly, whether or not you're having fun!
siennagodiva
on 7/7/04 4:13 am - BALTIMORE, MD
Cranky is my middle name. I am picking fights everywhere I go. Too much to think about.. Six days left to go!
Eileen F.
on 7/7/04 6:35 am - Long Island, NY
I'm feeling cranky and so distracted. It is hard for me to concentrate on anything. I just took a look at the calender and 16.5 days away...I hope the people around me can survive my moods! Eileen F surgery: July 23
suzeeq
on 7/7/04 8:25 am - Palmerton, PA
I'm feeling the same way! I sometimes find myself getting very frustrated and can't concentrate to save my life! I know that I only have three weeks to go and that time will fly but right now it seems like it's going to take forever and "I WANT IT NOW!" Waaaaaaaaaa! LOL!!!! See what I mean?...LOL!!! My emotions are all over the place! The only thing I can wish everyone is patience for right now....Hugs....Susie
IrishIze
on 7/7/04 9:20 am - NJ
Add me to the list of crankies too. I am also very distracted - I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work and at home. I need to go food shopping for my family so-o-o-o-o bad, but I have no energy or motivation. I am focused on one thing only - my WLS. I feel pretty calm about it, but I think my body is letting me know that I am stressing. I have had NO appetite for the past week or so - how's that for weird?!?!?! I figured I'd be eating everything in sight before the surgery and nothing is appealing to me - oh well, maybe it's good practice. I can get a little sad if I think that I can never have certain foods again....what, no brownies? no twinkies? Shudder...... I'm sure I'll find substitues for those sweets - stuff that's much healthier, and I'm going to take the word of the thousands who have taken this journey already - nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!
Irene S.
on 7/7/04 10:07 am - NJ
Well Nancy, I've been involved with my surgeon's support group for more than a year now, so I'm here to tell you that you WILL have those things eventually post op. But you will never be able to have them in the quantity you can now. The surgery limits the amount of food we can eat in one sitting. Our work will be to learn how to be SATISFIED with the small amount that our pouches will hold. I can't imagine that happening, but I have been assured by many posties that you eventually learn to savor the tiniest morsel. Rather than needing the boat load I can eat now.
CARLA J.
on 7/7/04 11:49 am - JASPER, AL
hey Leslie I'm not feeling cranky yet my problem is I can not go to sleep this is about the fourth day with little sleep and i mean little. I have sent my husband to the store tonight to buy some kind of sleep aid I know it is nerves when i lay down all this stuff goes through my head what i need to do and organize i think i am going crazy but cranky no but if i don't get some sleep soon i will be very cranky. lol. Good luck Carla J.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views