The wooden spoon is true!

Bonnie C.
on 7/6/04 6:05 am - Lackawann, NY
When I first read a 10" wooden spoon was needed or atleast suggested to help with bathroom visits I didn't think much of it But guess what is on my list from my surgeon..."a wooden spoon on which to wind toilet paper". I was really hoping not to have to use one but I guess it would be best to have one handy just in case. Bonnie
jenniferwheeler
on 7/6/04 7:17 am - PA
better safe than sorry!
Marjoe W.
on 7/6/04 8:20 am - Medford, OR
Hi Bonnie, I felt the same way when I heard about the wooden spoon or kitchen tongs, but I have tried them out at home first and either one works! That's the first thing I will pack. Marjoe
alli E.
on 7/6/04 3:37 pm - CA
Thongs!! Oh my! That is very very interesting! I have surgery the same day as you and I am packing it up! I guess I need to get that spoon!!!!
IrishIze
on 7/6/04 9:44 am - NJ
I have to admit - I bought some kitchen tongs!! Now I just have to figure out how to get them to the bathroom without anyone seeing them!!
Roxie B.
on 7/7/04 1:23 am - Springfield, Mo
That is really a great idea! My hubby had his WLS October 2003 and we sure could have used that! He could not wipe himself, so guess who had to help...eeeeewwwwwww! Now THAT'S true love! I'm planning on buying my spoon this weekend for my surgery on Monday!
MinnieMia
on 7/7/04 3:16 am - SC
I bought my tongs & cottonelle wipes a week ago! Now I'm having visions of pinching myself in the tush while trying to wipe... I told my dad's wife about the tongs yesterday (the only person in the world who I told) and she just about fell out. She said "well, why wouldn't you be able to do that after surgery?" Well, duh. Stretching, reaching, twisting...owie maybe? And besides, as much as I hate to admit it I have a hard time to reach it now.
Sarah C.
on 7/7/04 10:05 pm - Cornettsville, KY
Bonnie, I am having WLS same day as YOU!!! I was kinda skeptical bout those wooden spoons or kitchen tongs....but hey.....a girls gotta do whatta girls gotta do LOL......Cottonelle wipes and wooden spoons, here we come!!!!!! ( I may try it in little while ...just to see for myself)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views