Surgery coming up - need angel / help

Carla S.
on 7/5/04 11:12 pm - Signal Mountain, TN
My surgery is coming up on 7/19. I don't have an angel yet or a lot of support here at home. At least it doesn't feel like any support. Maybe it is just my insecurities working overtime. I have a lot of fear today and am questioning whether or not I can do this and stick to it for the rest of my life. Please somebody reassure me that all will be okay and just help me get through this day - this hour.
jcordell
on 7/6/04 2:01 am - TX
Carla, You have a wealth of friends here on the AMOS site that are all cheering you on. I go in tomorrow for my surgery, and I have had some of the same feelings, BUT I know this is the right and only thing to do. You must keep positive about the situation. Trust in God, and He will comfort you and help you through this. Keep smiling and keep the faith!
grannyannie
on 7/6/04 5:38 am - Celina, OH
Jeff.... You will be fine. Keep thinking positive! We will all be thinking of you and praying for you. I am scheduled for July 27th. My daughter had hers on March 29 th. Good luck....Annie
Jan S.
on 7/6/04 12:46 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Carla, you have gotten this far- think back to what motivated you in the first place. I am sorry that you do not have a lot of support, but let those of us who are treading the same path help you. I had cancer 5 years ago and still attend my support group every month because no one understands the same way that a person who is undergoing the same challenges, needs, fears can!! You go girl!!!
gilda M.
on 7/6/04 4:49 pm - San francisco, CA
I am sorry that you feel that way, dont worry it is nomal everyone some how question themselfes and wonder if they are making the righ decision but we all come to the same conclusion this is the only way to yo go if you want to have a healthy and happy normal life. yes it is not easy but look how far you have gotten and how many things you have acomplished keep going on dont give up is only for your own good,, it took me almost 2 years to get the approvel and also finishing all the requirements that they wanted, at times I wanted to give up and said to my self NO MORE I CANT MAKE IT but when I saw myself and also all those times that walking was like running a marathon, and not being able to play with my kids with out loosing my breath and feeling tiredall the time, I said to myself even if it takes me 2 more years I have to do this FOR ME... Hang in there,,,, I also dont have an angel and my suregery is coming up if you still are looking for one I can be yours and you can be mine,,,,, I am still waiting for some lab to come back some how they said that my thyroid came back high so I had to have an extra lab test done,,, they will let me know if i am ok for the surgery or they might have to canceled,,, I hope everything is ok
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views