short term disability

Ellen S.
on 7/5/04 2:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
All - does anyone have any sense how long you're out of work for lap RNY (what I HOPE to get)? Open?
brandnewmw30
on 7/5/04 3:10 pm - MERRILLVILLE, IN
From what I've told by doctor, I'll be off for about five or six weeks and return with restrictions for weight lifting under 10lbs for the next two weeks and then normal status. That's for Lap.
Ellen S.
on 7/5/04 3:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks - I'll take any guidance I can get! I'm hoping for at least a month, so that's good news.
jcordell
on 7/5/04 3:59 pm - TX
Hi Ellen, My doc says 6 weeks max, but that it's really up to me and when I feel ready to go back. I'm planning on two and a half weeks. I have my surgery 7/7 and hope to be back 7/26, at least for half days. I am having LAP...take care, and God bless!
SpyderS
on 7/6/04 2:47 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Ellen, I see you are in Philly. I work there (University City). My Doc, Dr. Iqbal said that he is giving me till September 4. That seems like a lot, but that is the amount of time he will state on the short term disibility papers. Hope this helps. My day is July 14; what's yours? Spyder
Ellen S.
on 7/6/04 3:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'm july 14 too!!! Are you open or Lap? I'm lap w/ option to go open if Dr Schuricht can't go Lap. I was just hearing horror stories at work that our disability people would try to push anyone w/ any Lap procedure to go back in 2 weeks. But I know I'll need more time to get the diet right.
Ellen S.
on 7/6/04 3:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Off topic - I'm confused - I don't know how this got to be "hot" when I don't even know how to make it "hot". I guess its a mystery (like the smileys...) to a message board unsavvy person like me
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views