What's your biggest fear?

Tanja Y
on 7/5/04 10:22 am - Wahiawa, HI
My surgery is on the 26th and I have lots of little fears. You'd think the worse one would be not surviving, but it's not. My biggest fear is I've gone thru so much to get this surgery, and then I won't loose enough weight.
IrishIze
on 7/5/04 10:44 am - NJ
My biggest fear isn't not surviving the surgery either!! I guess my biggest fear is that I will have an incredible craving for something I can't have. I'm really trying learn to take things one day at a time - it's much easier to say I choose not to have a brownie today instead of saying I can never have a brownie again.
Shelly A.
on 7/5/04 10:56 am - minnetonka, MN
One of my biggest fears is that G tube thing they make you go home with for a week. Food is my best friend and now I will have to do alot of soul seraching and that is the biggest fear. July 16, is my date. Shelly [email protected]
Sarah C.
on 7/5/04 2:13 pm - Cornettsville, KY
WHat G tube u talkin bout Shelly? lol u got me scared.....
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/04 11:15 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nope, my biggest fear is death. I can handle annoying complications, head hunger, slow weight loss. But I can not handle death in any form. But if you really think about it, I guess dying should be the least of my worries, because it's the other stuff that is a lot more common.
Debra O.
on 7/5/04 2:21 pm - Chino, CA
I'm not afraid of dying. I have Jesus Christ in my life. He is my savior, and even if I did die, I'd be in heaven with him. If you are afraid of dying, all you need to do is accept Jesus into your life, and a peace with come over you. Debra
Sarah C.
on 7/5/04 2:11 pm - Cornettsville, KY
My biggest fear is the sudden change of life style. I live in Kentucky and we love food lol. i just hope i do everythng right that my doc wants me to do. Can I remember to take my vitamins lol. I know there is alot more that i am afraid of, but i feel overwhelmed and dont really know what it is that i am fearful of....(did that make sense?) LOL anyway, i feel the same as you do the "gone through so much to get the surgery" i feel i am too far to turn back now...i just try to keep this in mind: "the pain wont last forever and the end results will be worth the fight." God bless and take care Tanja!
jcordell
on 7/5/04 4:14 pm - TX
Tanja, my biggest fear is that I won't get my money's worth at the Vegas buffets anymore. LOL... JOKING! Really, my biggest fear is that the sales lady in the Dillard's Big'N'Tall section won't be nice to me anymore because she won't get any commissions off of me...ANOTHER JOKE, of course! As you can tell, I'm focusing more on what is going to go RIGHT with the surgery than what could go WRONG...though nothing is going to go wrong...for ANY of us July babies!!! We'll be great! I am, however, going to miss drinking. I am not going to miss food...I've always viewed it as a necessary evil anyways....Let's see, I'm going to lose some friends...Jack (Daniels), Jose (Cuervo), my bud Weiser, and his little brother, Lite...but, I can certainly live without these guys, especially when I am on the losing side and looking and feeling better by the day!!! Take care, my friend...focus on the positive, follow doctors orders, and keep God close in your heart and you'll be fine! Keep smiling and keep the faith!!
Alli G.
on 7/5/04 9:31 pm - Troy, NY
Hey Jeff.. I'm with you! Thinking positively is the only thing keeping me sane right now! Best wishes to everyone... we will be alright!
Carla S.
on 7/5/04 11:18 pm - Signal Mountain, TN
I think my biggest fear is like a lot of other's biggest fear. This is a drastic change in life. Am I ready for the commitment? Can I do this and stick to the daily routine? I hope things go great for you!!! Wish me the same! Carla Smith, Signal Mtn., TN
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views