Question: What is your pre surgery requirements

bugsmom
on 7/5/04 6:49 am - In Mom's House, CA
My instructions are do eat only soft foods three days prior, clear liquids only the day before, including 8 glasses of water, and to drink 10 oz of magnesiam citrate at 5 pm the evening before surgery and ofcourse nothing after midnight. But obviously every doctor is different. I'm trying to not gain any weight before my surgery (7/14) but also enjoy a few "last foods." Best wishes, Merritt
Debra O.
on 7/5/04 7:33 am - Chino, CA
wow Merrit, we have the same surgery date and the same surgeon. What time is your surgery on the 14th mines at 11:30am in Wildomar. I have exactly the same preop instructions of course...Debra
bugsmom
on 7/6/04 2:53 am - In Mom's House, CA
9:30 am. I'm suppose to check in at 7:30. My mom is going with me and staying at a hotel in Murrietta. I figure if all goes well I'll be released from the hospital on Friday and she and I will go home on Saturday. So it looks like Dr. Suh will practice on me and then move on to you. I wish you the very best. I've been very nervous lately. We should look for each other in Wildomar. I'm sorry I haven't been able to scan a picture onto the Obesityhelp website but I'm not that computer literate nor do I have the required equipment. I imagine we may have seen each other at the support group meetings in Rancho Cucamonga, but in that crowd who knows. Here we go on the adventure of our lives! Merritt
Maggi1121
on 7/5/04 1:03 pm - King of Prussia, PA
I am to drink Calcium Citrate and take Dulcolax tablets two days before and then be on liquids until 12 the night before. Don't do an enema unless you have to! OUch! I think that Citrate and dulcolax clear you out! Check with your doctor
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views