July 28 Rochester NY

melissab
on 7/3/04 1:16 pm - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I am so close to my date I can feel it. I have preop testing and appointments this coming Thursday and then surgery on July 28th with Dr.O'Malley in Rochester NY. I am not looking forward to the drive home postop, I live about 4 hours north of Toronto Ontario Canada, so the drive is going to be killer. All I can say is even if I don't initially want any more pain meds, I'm going to take some before we even hit the car in preparation HAHA .... Good luck to all you July L-O-S-E-R-S! I can't wait to be one too!! Melissa
candance F.
on 7/3/04 3:00 pm - clarkston, GA
i don't have a date yet but congrats to u
Dawn H.
on 7/4/04 12:19 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
IM having surgery on the 28th as well!!! I cant wait .. so excited !! Keep posting .. cant wait to hear about your surgery! we can compare notes! Dawn
melissab
on 7/4/04 6:52 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
To the first poster (sorry, forgot your name already, MY BAD!), I sure hope you get a date soon! Time really does fly once you have a timeline in mind! Dawn, Congrats to you We can compare notes for sure! I will think of you as I'm about to go for the big nap HAHA ... maybe we should call each other's hospitals a few hours after we are in recovery and bash the world, the nurses, the pain meds, our fat behinds, etc HAHAHA .... On a serious note, I wish you the best of luck, a trouble free surgery, a quick and nearly painless recovery and much much much weight loss and health improvement. As for me, I'm counting days in my head. I have these moments where I forget about it altogether. I have these other moments where I am just sitting quietly for a moment, no kids nagging me, and my eyes well up because I feel so CLOSE and so overdue in terms of being READY for this. I just know I'll cry like a boob before surgery (not from fear but anticipation) and after surgery (not from pain, but from that overwhelming feeling I know I'm going to have when I know it is finally over and I'm on my way to a new life). Isn't it odd how not too many people mention their emotions, other than their excitement of course about getting this surgery. I am constantly feeling these strong waves of emotion about this huge step I'm taking in my life. Anyhow, I'm very happy for you, and please drop me a line and let me know how things went Melissa [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views