Sx date July 21!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli P.
on 7/3/04 12:59 pm - Tuscumbia, AL
Hello everyone, My date is coming soon. 17 days away!!!!!!!!! If anyone have any tips. PlEASE let me know. Thanks kelli P, AL
Sarah C.
on 7/3/04 2:28 pm - Cornettsville, KY
Congrats Kelli! My surgery date is the 22nd! I need some tips as well LOL!
cosette
on 7/3/04 3:33 pm - Tujunga, CA
Hey Kelli: My date is July 21, too! Are you already starting on protein drinks, etc.? Or are you indulging a bit?
Kelli P.
on 7/4/04 7:54 am - Tuscumbia, AL
Yes I have, but I'm also going to to Las vegas next next to the low crab. food show. I will be posting all the new thing for us on the web page. Good luck too.
Traci72
on 7/4/04 4:36 pm - Hastings, MN
HEY THERE!! I'm also July 21!! I was told to avoid eating high fat/calorie meals in the 2wks prior to surgery, because it enlarges your liver and can make it more difficult in surgery. My baby girl just had her 2nd b-day on July 2, so we combined her b-day w/my "last supper" and went to Red Lobster...I got my LOBSTER!!! (I am ADDICTED to lobster!) I don't have to do any bowel cleansing or anything else "special" prior, but just no food or drink after midnite the nite before. I'm getting soooooo excited for this! It can't get here to quickly for me!
Peggy G.
on 7/5/04 5:23 am - Ventura, CA
I'm scheduled for July 21 too~~~!!! EEEkk...it's just so soooon. Peggy
Debbie C.
on 7/5/04 7:02 am - Casa Grande, AZ
Hi Kelly, Sixteen days until our new birthday!!!!!! Today I started making a list of what questions I want to ask my doctor when I see him one last time next week before the 21st. I also started making a list of things that I don't want to forget to take to the hospital....ie: toothbrush/toothpaste, mini handheld fan, hairbrush, small cross stitch sewing kit and most importantly: chapstick. I've had a lot of apprehension about laying down on my back for the surgery because I'm not able to lay down for long periods of time (I sleep with a backrest at night sitting up) and my doctor suggested that I have a sedative before the surgery so that could hopefully be a helpful hint for you if you're having any nerves. Thankfully my nerves have been calming down more and more the closer it gets and I am soooooooo happy about that! I know the night before I'll most likely be a basket case though. Take care, have a safe surgery and I'll see ya on the other side!!!! Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views