Surgery on the 12th preop jitters

lisaw072004
on 7/3/04 3:55 am - E. Mesa, AZ
I am getting a little bit fearful now. Anybody else fell that way? Lisa W Lap RNY 07-12-04
Vicki Tobergte
on 7/3/04 4:48 am - Independence, KY
Hi Lisa, Yes I've been a little jittery myself my surgery is in 4 days on the 7th,but I've prayed about it and I know the Lord will take care of me. So I'm trying not to worry. God Bless, Vicki
Irene S.
on 7/3/04 4:52 am - NJ
I think this is soooo normal! Anytime we make a gigantic change like this, we're bound to wonder if it's the right thing to do. Hang in there and focus on the reasons that led you to surgery! Irene
Julaine D.
on 7/3/04 5:29 am - Dayton, OH
Hi, Lisa I will speak for myself, but I am a total basket case! They have taken me off my meds like asprin and celebrex, (they are blood thinners) so not only am I worring about surgery like crazy, but I've got such bad arthritis I think the surgery is going to be an actual relief, then I can get back on them!!!! I'm so glad there is someone like you and the others that are on this site that make me feel like all this is going to be ok... I can't give you any really good words of wisdom, but I can tell you I'm with you in the same boat, and I think as long as we can keep it afloat a little longer we'll see the wonderful outcome soon!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go worry about 4th of July weekend now, and all the things I need to do for that. Then that's one more thing out of the way before surgery! I've gotta keep living and enjoying life, cause after the surgery I'm still gonna be me, just a new and improved version!!! Good Luck to you... we'll get through it and be better for it!!!!!!! Julaine
Nita A.
on 7/3/04 7:33 am - Fayetteville, NC
I'm starting to get that way each day the date draws nearer. I pray everyday for a safe surgery and post op.
kep777
on 7/3/04 8:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I'm having surgery on the 7th and yes I have the preop jitters too. I have had three major operations in the last 1.5 years and was not jittery about any of those but this one I am. I guess it's because everything in my life will be so drastically changed. On top of all of that I have a cold which I hope will be gone by next Wednesday and I have a raw area on my toe which I desperately hope doesn't get infected. The last toe infection I got ended up with the toe being amputated. My podiatrist has me on antibiotics and so far no infection.
cosette
on 7/3/04 3:38 pm - Tujunga, CA
My surgery is on July 21, and I fluctuate from "can't wait," to "wait a minute...what am I doing?" I'm not really afraid of dying; I'm afraid I won't be able to handle post-surgery life. After all, I've failed at being a loser for most of my life. I pray to God that I'll succeed.
IrishIze
on 7/3/04 11:39 pm - NJ
I have my moments of jitters as well. Of course I worry about getting through the surgery ok, but I can sort of put that out of my mind until I'm actually doing it. I had a big BBQ at my house yesterday, and I was having a brownie and I thought, "this is the last browine I'll ever eat" , and it kind of freaked me out...ALTHOUGH - I also had these delicious grapes and believe it or not they tasted better than the brownies! We're going to have a lot of adjusting to do. At least with this message board, we'll have each other to compare notes with, whine with and celebrate with!!
Alli G.
on 7/4/04 2:23 pm - Troy, NY
Hey Lisa I was doing ok for a little while, then this morning when I came home from work, I read a post about the memorial page, and decided to check it out, now it feels like I am back at square one!!! Why did I bother checking it out? It's not like I'm going to back out of this!! I pray that God still has plans for me, and how it would be such a waste for me to die at 29! My co-morbidities are not too medically serious, just the potential to get serious in years to come if I don't change something! I have to remind myself that living is not just existing, but it's being happy!! I am simply scared if I do, and scared if I don't. I shouldn't have looked at the memorial page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well guys, nobody said life was easy, so I guess we all can appreciate the sacrifice we made, or are about to make, and be serious about doing things right, following instructions, and doing everything we can to ensure a long and healthy way of life. -Allison
bugsmom
on 7/5/04 6:58 am - In Mom's House, CA
I am so nervous! This is the biggest thing I've ever done (next to giving birth to my daughter) and some days I'm just plain scared to death. In fact, two days ago I announced I wasn't going to have the surgery and that I'd changed my mind, but then I calmed down a bit and decided to move forward. But some days I'm calmer than others. My date is the 14th and as it creeps slowly closer and closer I've just been trying to stay busy, say my prayers, and prepare as best I can. I meet with my surgeon on the 8th and I'm hopeful that will have a calming effect. But I think most of us are anxious and nervous and sometimes just plain scared. This is a big deal, a huge step, and a very, very brave thing to do. We're changing our lives and that always takes faith and courage. Stay strong, all of you, and I will too! Merritt
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views