Gallbladder in or out????

Alli G.
on 7/4/04 4:20 pm - Troy, NY
Hey Nadine, I forgot to mention ...go to www.gastricbypassfamily.com and click on the section that says gallbladder, there is a small discussion about this topic! Take care, Allison
lsutiger80
on 7/4/04 4:46 pm - Metairie, LA
Nadine, I am having lap-DS on Wed. My surgeon removes the gallbladder and the appendix. Since there is such a high rate of gallbladder problems associated with WLS, this just eleminates the problem before hand. The rationale of also taking the appendix (accd. to my surgeon and others I have spoken to) is that if there are pains or problems later down the line, this is two areas that can be elminated as the source of pain or problems since GB and appendix are removed. I figured since they aren't vital organs and everyone can live without them anyway, they might as well take mine out so I don't have to face the possibility of another surgery because of them. Just my opinion. Hope it helps. Rhonda lap-DS on 7/7/04
Tanja Y
on 7/5/04 10:16 am - Wahiawa, HI
My surgeon also removes the gallbladder and appendix. That's their SOP's at the army hospital. ~Tanja
Mindy H.
on 7/5/04 3:35 am - Medina, OH
Hey all...I'm 5 months post op and had my gull bladder removed due to lots of stones found during surgery. My recovery was great with no naseau vomitting. As for diahrea (sp?) everyone goes through what is known as bariatric bowels the first few weeks post op. Your bowels are very watery, but that's normal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views