Surgery Yesterday, home now!!

MARIE P.
on 7/3/04 1:08 pm - Gold Beach, OR
OK Miss Lisa, I want to know what you did EXACTLY before going in for surgery. You are REMARKABLE! I want to follow your example. How much weight did you lose before surgery, how much exercise, anything special? I want details girl, details! I am so happy for you! I can't wait till it's my turn, you are an inspiration! So, I'm not much of a dancer, but you go girl! Marie
Lisa H.
on 7/3/04 11:22 pm - Lake City, FL
Marie, I lost about 40 lbs. before surgery. I weighed 276. My doctor wanted me to walk 1-2 miles every day but honestly I didn't get as much in as I should have. He gave me a spiromter ( helps to breathe deeply) and wanted me at 4000 which is very high. My husband is an icu nurse and said that was way over what most doctors want. It was hard for me but I did get it to 4000 occasionally. If you don't have a spirometer just breathe very deeply 100 times a day. I did it 10-12 times an hour. I think the breathing really helped me to get up and get going. I was walking 10mins every 2 hours while in the hospital. I started this 2 hours after surgery. Hope this helps a little. Let me know if you need anything else, hope I can help. Good luck to you. Lisa H.
Brandi H.
on 7/4/04 4:54 pm - Sparta, IL
Lisa, GREAT WONDERFUL FABULOUS TERRIFIC and all of the other GREAT words that describe YOU!!!! I am so happy that you are doing well. I go in on the 7th for my open RNY. And don't you just love the spirometer, I am up to 3500 but I know it will be down after surgery. I am going to have a 4 day stay in the hospital, way too long!!! But I am so READY!!! Congrats, Brandi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views