Surgery Yesterday, home now!!

Lisa H.
on 7/2/04 8:25 am - Lake City, FL
Hello all, I had surgery on july 1st and came home today. The only real pain is soreness, no real hurting. I had open rny and my doctor wants me to pull 3500 on the spirometer (breathing machine). This is very hard due to the soreness but I know it will get better. Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers and thoughts. I was VERY calm going into surgery. I can only have ice chips every 20 minutes for 3 days and then go to clear liquids. I'm so glad the surgery part is over. Good luck to everyone having surgery in the coming weeks. Lisa H.
PEGGY Y.
on 7/2/04 8:38 am - LAWTON, OK
WOW.....YOUR HOME ALREADY? AND IN NO REAL PAIN,, OMG,,, THAT IS A MIRICLE.... I HOPE I AM AS LUCKY AS YOU. GOOD LUCK,
alli E.
on 7/2/04 8:47 am - CA
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna have to be in the hospital for LAP longer than yoU! I have surgery in ummmmmmmmmmmmm 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am told i will not be released until 3 days! Keep me posted!
Irene S.
on 7/2/04 10:54 am - NJ
How the heck did you do that, Lisa? When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! Absolutely amazing! irene
Lisa H.
on 7/2/04 11:40 am - Lake City, FL
Thanks everyone....my surgeon treats everyone based on a 23 hour hospital stay. He has had no one this year stay pass the 23 hours. I was up and walking 2 hours after surgery and by this morning was making 3-4 laps around the nurses station every hour. I hope everyone else has a easy recovery too. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sore, but no real aching pains. Lisa H.
123renise
on 7/2/04 11:58 am - Muscle Shoals, AL
That is wonderful! I have surgery on July 15th and I want to try to be brave and not WHINE. I am getting scared and want to be done with it and become a BIG LOSER! Take it easy and know that you are in my prayers. Renise
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/04 1:10 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm amazed at how quickly you could return home. I bet the insurance will love that! I am glad to hear that you are doing well on your own. Keep it up!
Sheree C.
on 7/2/04 3:13 pm - apple valley, CA
Wow, Congratulations! I am scheduled for July 12, 2004. I am excited but scared. Never had any surgery before. Of course I'm worried about how bad I'm going to hurt after surgery. I hear from just about everyone you hurt but not in pain. It's always good to see somone else feels the same way. You being released so soon is really an inspiration. My doctor says it's up to the patient. We can leave after surgery if we are up to it but we can stay for 3 days. Be glad when this part is behind me. It only took me exactly a year get this approved. Thanks for your info! Sheree Apple Valley, CA.
IrishIze
on 7/2/04 11:06 pm - NJ
Hooray, Lisa!! Wow, you are doing great!! My doctor said that my surgery is on Monday morning and he hopes to have me go home on Wednesday...I'm fine with that! I had a hysterectomy a few years ago, and I had it on a Thursday and came home on Saturday. I think one of the most important things to do is to get up and get moving as soon as you're allowed. It helps everything to get going again and helps prevent clots. Lisa, I hope everything continues to go well for you!!! You're the leader of the July pack, and it sounds like we're off to a great start!! Nancy
Sarah C.
on 7/2/04 11:22 pm - Cornettsville, KY
CONGRATS LISA! I pray that you heal and gain strength quickly! I will recieve WLS July 22nd and you have brought back a fresh breath of hope for us all! YOU GO GIRL!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views