What are you bringing to the hospital?

Irene S.
on 7/3/04 2:33 am - NJ
Every hospital I've ever been to has had a no cell phone policy. Supposedly it interferes with something or other in the hospital. Having said that, when I went to the hospital for a sleep study, I brought my cell and turned it on only to call my husband to come get me. You might want to consider a calling card. Or your family and friends can call *you* with their cell phones. irene
Alli G.
on 7/3/04 10:14 pm - Troy, NY
Hi Amanda, I work in a hospital, and you wouldn't believe how dirty they can be!! I am bringing some clorex wipes to wipe down the bathroom area, this is especially important if you get a roommate. Staff dump urinals, bedpans, and drains into the toilet and don't always lift the seat!!! YUCK Plus I am taking chapstick, my own pillows ............ ( pillows from the hospital are usually plastic, and are used to support older people who don't turn, between the knees, and often get suprises on them.) I see them get tossed back into the closet as if it never happened! I know this stuff sounds gross, but you will be having some sort of an insicion and you DON'T want it to get infected, plus you don't need to pick up a hospital aquired illness, like someone at my support group did!!! Besides that, I heard a small pillow to hold to hour belly helps with moving around for the 1st few days, and even an abdominal binder? Magazines, walkman, books.....considered my laptop, but high $$ items can easily be stolen while you sleep! So I will probably keep it simple... Best wishes, Allison
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views