What are you bringing to the hospital?

mrshall72
on 7/2/04 5:34 am - Mobile, AL
I have surgery July 8, 2004 and I am wondering what I need to bring to the hospital. I have heard several things including a portable CD player! What are you bringing?
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/04 5:40 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Chapstick! I may take some magazines and a book, although I probably won't get around to reading any of it. I'm also taking my pajama bottoms to wear under the hospital gown, slippers, and my bathroom stuff (just the basics!). I have to take my C-PAP machine, although I was told I may not need it. I figure if I need anything more than this, my husband can bring it up (we're only about 30 minutes away). I'm supposed to be out on the third day, so I don't really need a whole lot anyway.
Heather M.
on 7/2/04 6:38 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
Here's my list so far: *eye mask *lip balm *my face care stuff (travel size from Bath & Body Works) *Bath & Body Works body spray & lotion *lavendar baby wipes *flushable bathroom wipes (& wooden spoon for assistance) *dedorant *toothbrush *toothpast *maxi pads *robe, pj bottoms, house shoes / slippers *hair brush / hair bands / headbands *mouth spray *deck of cards *cd player / headphones / relaxing music (tune out the hospital when sleeping) *stuffed animal (for my stomache when walking and stuff) *small personal fan *pictures of my hubby & son These will all be pack in a small hospital bag for my husband to bring me when I'm ready for it. I will most likely be in CCU the first day and not need any of it. I'm also going to check with someone that has recently had the procedure done in the same hospital as I will and see if I can nix anything (ie the toothbrush & toothpast, if they have the disposable ones). Everything is in travel size and relatively small. I change diapers & chase kids all day so this is like a twofer. I'm gonna pamper myself while in the hospital (hubby rub my feet and legs with lotion****ep telling people it's my spa visit. Heather
Sarah C.
on 7/2/04 11:34 pm - Cornettsville, KY
Heather you have helped me so much! I have been so excited about the initial surgery, I havent even thought about what to bring to the hospital! Thanks!
Kelle W
on 7/2/04 6:47 am - Atlanta, GA
My surgery is next Tuesday (7/6). I'm taking a CD player and some CDs, but I'm a total music nut and would rather listen to music than watch TV. I'm also taking Blistex cause I am the queen of chapped lips. I'm taking my robe, slippers and pjs. My own body pillow. A portable fan cause I'm hot natured and supposedly hospitals are always hot (?). My glasses and contact case, toiletries, toothbrush, etc. I don't know whether or not to take shampoo and conditioner. I've been told I can't take a real shower until my first drain tube is taken out at about a week out, so I don't know how I'd manage to wash my hair if I can't shower. Thank god I have very dry hair that can go a week without washing and not get TOO dirty or oily. OH! And I'm taking the Bbq tongs and the personal wiping cloth thingies. Don't want anyone who doesn't need to see my butt to see it, including my mom! Good luck! Kelle
Mel S.
on 7/2/04 11:26 am - La Quinta, CA
Hey we're twins- I'm scheduled for Tuesday also- I get to toast July 4th with cleat liquids- How 'bout you?
Kelle W
on 7/2/04 3:13 pm - Atlanta, GA
Yep, I'll be doing that as well. Was your hospital as emphatic as mine about you can't drink anything red? I mean they must have put it in 5 different places on one sheet of paper. It's crazy Kelle
Dancin-D
on 7/3/04 7:45 am - Bellville, TX
Kelle, \ BAR-B-QUE TONGS??????????? THIS IS A NEW ONE FOR ME!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!! MY SURGERY IS THE 7TH SO..... GOOD LUCK TO ALL. i'M ALSO TAKING A SMALL SPRAY BOTTLE FOR PERSONAL CLEANING. DONNA C.
Mel S.
on 7/2/04 11:13 am - La Quinta, CA
My surgery is Tuesday and if I pay any attention to the information from the hospital that I got yesterday your average jail inmate is allowed to take more stuff- No more than $5.00 in cash ,no credit cards no electronic devices, no cel phones!! (Mind you this is a nice hospital -Many famous people have died here)
Debbie R.
on 7/2/04 11:37 pm - Noetheast, MD
OMGSH, what do you mean NO CELL PHONES??? I am traveling quite a distance and I was going to use it for free long distance. Do you think they won't allow cell phones? Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views