Poll: How many people are you telling?

Nita A.
on 7/3/04 7:54 am - Fayetteville, NC
Well, I told my family and a few people at work. I'm not sure if I want to tell anyone else. If asked I won't deny, I am not ashamed. I know for myself I have always been a people pleaser and I feel like this surgery is a Nita "pleaser". Whatever you choose let it be from your heart. Good luck!
jcordell
on 7/3/04 9:48 am - TX
At first, I was going to tell no one except my parents and brother (because he would find out anyway). Then, of course, I had to tell my boss because I needed time off. It's funny, because another individual with my company had the surgery and told everyone he was going out for something else, then came back three weeks later and started dropping weight like crazy. Everybody was like "he had to have had the surgery...why is he trying to cover it up?" After I told my boss, I was amazed by the support he showed me. He told me to take as much time as I need, and offered to come in and run my business in my absence (this is a VP in another state). I assured him my management staff could handle things...though he was unfamiliar with the procedure, he was supportive and encouraged me to do what was right for me. I also told my management staff. All three of them were supportive, and are now getting excited for me. They know how hard I've tried to lose weight, and they see me sucking down Atkins shakes and eating salads with little or no results...they are happy for me! I haven't received any negative comments. A couple people have told me "oh you don't need that"....but, when I talk to them a little more, they understand why I'm doing what I'm doing, and offer their support. Way I look at it, anyone who is nonsupportive or judgmental now is going to look pretty stupid in a year and a half when I am at or near goal!!! God Bless you all on your journeys! JULY BABIES ROCK!!!!
Dancin-D
on 7/3/04 1:36 pm - Bellville, TX
Hi, I live in a small (pop 261) town. Last Feb. I told everyone I was thinking about the surgery. If they didn't hear it from me, no telling what they would hear! I own an antique shop so see everyone often. I updated as I needed to. I think they are so tired of hearing about it they will be glad when it is over. I am not worried about the judgemental part of it. I'm sure I've been judged about my weight for years. I just let that be their problem. I will draw the line if they start asking me how much I weighed, how much I lost, etc. I'll just tell them I weighed too much, haven't lost enough etc. I have pretty good boundaries with people so I know they will not cross into areas I don't want them to. I won't let them!!!!!! Anyway everyone has been so supportive of my decision. One man said"Oh, Good, we want you around for many more years!" I love my friends and know they are there for me just as I am for them. Good Luck. P.S. My surgery is 7/7/04. Donna C.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views