THEY DENIED ME !

yolanda R.
on 7/1/04 8:30 am - millville, NJ
YES THEY DENIED ME BECAUSE THEY SAID I DIDNOT HAVE ENOUGH RECORD OF ALL THE DIETS I HAVE BEEN ON SO THEY SAID TO GO BACK TO MY FAMILY DR AND LET HIM PUT ME ON A SUPERVISED DIET FOR 6 MTH AND IF THAT DOES NOT WORK THEY WILL FOR APPEAL IT SO PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS I GOING TO START MY DIET 2ORROW !WELL GOT TO GO PLEASE DONT FORGET ME GOD BLESS U ALL !
Roberta M.
on 7/1/04 8:59 am - Huntington Beach, CA
Best of luck to you, Yolanda. I was denied twice by CIGNA until they received my 9 month diet record with American Weightloss Center. They would NOT take Weigh****chers or Jenny Craig. Make sure you know the diet you are on will be "acceptable" to them.
yolanda R.
on 7/1/04 9:47 am - millville, NJ
thank you so much for your support i hope everbody donot forget mre since iam not getting the surgery lol for now
IrishIze
on 7/1/04 10:35 am - NJ
Yolanda, I'm so sorry they denied you! What kind of insurance do you have?
yolanda R.
on 7/1/04 12:47 pm - millville, NJ
thank you for your supprot your apraise the Lordplease stay in touch well see you later yolanda rodriguez
Kim M.
on 7/2/04 6:34 am - Lawrenceburg, IN
Yolanda: I am so sorry to hear that. Just so you know, my insurance required 18 consecutive months of doctor supervised weight loss which of course no one has that kind of documentation. I was denied my first request but I did not stop there. I asked my regular doctor (which I had for over 6 years) if he would write me a letter and he did. It worked and they approved my appeal. You may want to ask your doctor for help. Good Luck... my date is July 14, 2004...12 days. Kim
Irene S.
on 7/2/04 9:22 am - NJ
Yolanda, I have Aetna, and I was denied 2x. I don't know if you're aware, but with Aetna, you can have the 6 month physician supervised diet and exercise OR a multi-disciplinary surgical prep program. You might want to see if your surgeon does this. Basically the surgeon sends you to a dietician or nutritionist (I had 3 visits), physical therapy to improve breathing, and behaviour modification techniques which the dietician did. That just helps you so that post op you learn to do something other than eating to deal with things. Many surgeons require this for all their patients, and if yours does, then all your surgeon has to do is enroll you in his program, and then you will be approved if they submit for reconsideration. I had my first visit with my surgeon March 8, and I had my first pt and nutrition on June 4. The length of time must be 3 months. I just got my date today. I would urge you to go to the Aetna website and download Clinical Policy Bulletin #0157. This tells you EXACTLY what you will need, whichever one you do. For example, if you do the 6 months of diet and exercise, you also have to see a dietician or nutritionist. irene
candance F.
on 7/3/04 2:55 pm - clarkston, GA
i have cigna ppo and they denied me, after three day, they denied me for supervised diet history i have not ever been under a supervised diet in my life but tryed everything in the book. so i called my ob gyn and asked if he can help me explained my situation and he advised me to get the surgery so he said he would right the letter so i have to wait a couple days and i will submit my appeal 07032004
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views