How long will you be out of work?

IrishIze
on 6/30/04 1:25 pm - NJ
I'm just wondering how long your surgeon has told you you'll be out of work. Mine said 4 weeks, but I'm going to push for 5. My boss is ok with that and I'm a firm believer in being completely ready to go back to work rather than pushing it and ending up having problems. What is everyone else planning on? Nancy
Debra O.
on 6/30/04 2:35 pm - Chino, CA
I'm only taking 1 week off....but I'm my own boss. I'm a home daycare provider, and I only have 3 children in my daycare right now, plus my husband works out of the home too, so he can help me if I need help. I'm also having the laparscopic surgery done, so I should recover alot faster. What kind of surgery are you having?
sradcli74
on 6/30/04 11:19 pm
Hi Nancy, My surgeon said that I will be out of work 4 to 6 weeks, he's a beliver of being completly healed before retruning to work as well. I am having the surgery laproscopically (sp?). I talked to my Human Resource representative and she as well agreed that we will put my leave down for the longer period of time. I personally plan on taking the full 6 weeks. Good Luck to you on your journey!
Heather M.
on 6/30/04 11:28 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
I do home child care for the Air Force. I only plan on closing for two weeks. One week for the surgery and one week after it. I don't have alot of kids so I don't see it being much of a problem. My kids parents know that I will be slow for the first few weeks. Two of my four kids (including my own son) are going on a two week vacation so that leaves just my son and a 9 month old. My parents have also told me that if I need more time to let them know. Heather
Deejay
on 7/1/04 2:22 am - Sparks, NV
I'm a stay at home mom, but I have 3yr old triplets at home with me. My dh is taking off 3 weeks to help me and then my kids start preschool on that 3rd week for 4 days a week so that should help some too. I can't wait!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/04 2:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm lucky because I don't work. I just finished student teaching this spring and am taking the summer off. In the fall, I will substitute teach, since there are few teaching jobs to go around in my area. I am almost thinking that through some divine intervention, maybe I didn't get a job so that I could focus on myself during my weight loss period.
Nita A.
on 7/1/04 3:20 am - Fayetteville, NC
I am a middle school teacher and right now we are out for summer school starts back for students Aug 10. My boss is VERY understanding I will be missing the teacher workdays starting the 2nd of Aug. So that I may be ready for the 1st day of work , and even then I plan to sit at my desk whenever I feel the need. I pray that will be enough time. Good luck to you and God Bless!
mrshall72
on 7/2/04 5:28 am - Mobile, AL
Hi there! Mine name is Amanda and I teach 5th grade. It sounds as though we are in a similar situation. Our children return Aug. 9, 2004 and teachers return on Aug. 5th, 2004. I plane to be working in my room 2 weeks after my surgery. I like to be well prepared before school starts! My lap rny is next thursday July 8, 2004. I am very nervous about starting school just 4 weeks out. I hope that I do not have to miss many days during the year. Weight loss will definitley help the energy level at school. When is you date? Good Luck and God Bless!! Amanda
Roberta M.
on 7/1/04 9:04 am - Huntington Beach, CA
My surgeon says to take the full 6 weeks. I'm not gonna argue with that!
kellyh26
on 7/1/04 11:42 am - White Bluff, TN
Mine said I needed to be off 3 weeks, I'm pushing to go back in two I have enuf time to be off two weeks and only go 10 hours without pay. But, if I don't feel that I'm strong enuf to go I won't..
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1178 views